Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Fishing General >

Edit Log

Here is the list of edits for this post
Report Post |
The first really nice weekend.......... far this year. Sunny, light breeze, high clouds, warm temps in the high 60's, and LOTS of water everywhere.
Wanted to get the boat out one more time to be sure all is ready for the flotilla next month. After getting several errands done Friday, got launched at Willard south about 930 a.m. Air temp was about 48, water temp in the marina was also 48, lots of water coming in at the baffles and it is keeping water temp down until you get out onto main body of lake at least 1/2 mile. Water is quite muddy looking and has lots of debris floating.

Headed east toward Freeway Bay where it seemed most of the boats that I could see were in that direction slow trolling, or drifting. Got to just off the feed lot in about 12 fow, shut down and anchored out. Started working thru several choices of plastics (Gulps) crawlers, and cut bait. On the water about 45 minutes, got one of those adrenaline pumping, reel drag stripping, rod going bendo type hits that we usually attribute to a Wiper (hopefully) or a big aggressive Carp (well to kill a skunk, Ill take it). Got the rod out of the holder, took a couple turns on the drag, about a dozen cranks on the reel, could feel the weight and head shake, then ..............
Reeled in to find the cut bait was almost stripped off the hook, and pretty chomped up. Never saw the fish.

And the rest of the day was beautiful, calm, no bugs, and no fish Frown At leaving the water temp in the main body of lake, southern section south and east of the island did get up to 55.
The main reason for the trip to functional check the Tin-Can, well that was good. Everything a go.
Well, sort of.....................backing boat into storage unit, didn't see any light on the left trailer tail light. OK a bad bulb, easy fix. Nope, turns out the bottom of the light assembly was cracked, and of course everything inside corrodedUnsure Well that's not uncommon. So, off to the parts store. But 2 new tail lights....cuz in my experience, you never just change the one bad one.
Replaced both, all good and road ready again.

Saturday, even nicer weather. Forecasters actually got it pretty close to spot on this time. Wife and I went to BRBR. Lots of bank tanglers out, and at least 3 boats on the river. Went all the way to the bottom and worked our usual plan. Stay at each spot about 1 hour unless catching, then move to new spot.
Second spot, landed what seems to be my quota so far this year. One Carp for fresh bait..............and thats all she wrote. Stopped at 3 more spots working our way back out, nada, nothing, zip, zilch.
image/jpeg (07).jpg (169 KB)
(This post was edited by Tin-Can on Apr 21, 2019, 8:32 AM)

Edit Log:

  • Post edited by Tin-Can () on Apr 21, 2019, 8:32 AM: spelling