1. boat: 14 foot 1940 something aluminum dream. no paint
2. motor: 7.5 Hp 1949 Champion 2 cycle outboard lubed and ready
3. life jackets for 2 adults and 2 kiddie sized
4. work basket: includes flate head screwdriver and phillips look alike, extra gear oil, spark plug spare, adj. wrench for afore mentioned spark plugs, flashlight just incase)
5. rods n reels.
6. fish finder: bottom line tourney 1100 with temp sensor no speed its old boat everything is trolling speed.
7. cushion for butt padding on bench seat.
8. 2.5 gallon gas tank premixed for motor (motor has 1 gallon tank attached to it.)
9. current registration till 6-08
10. old coffe can to serve as head and bailing device.
11. battery operated clamp on bow and stern lights (I understand i may need these for this craft or i could go with just a flashlight but I err on the side of no tickets.)
13. my tackle
14. two paddles for a canoe that work nicely if i have to row ( I couldnt find a set of oars that were cheap for just in case that would fit in the oar locks on the boat)
15. battery for the finder and nothing else its the mini one anyone have ideas on a charger that would work on the water for a multi day trip? solar? i dont want a bunch of batteries around.
16. buddies to fill second seat on boat.
17. 2 rod holders for any type rod one mounted near bow one mounted near aft on opposite sides of boat.
Basically i want to play the boy scout bit and be ready for anything that may occurr to kill the day, i can make due with difficulites that may make the day longer, but i want to avoid getting off the water if i can when i go i want to be gone. any other items you all have/can think of that i may need to stay on the water if something goes wrong while i am there? any input is welcome and thanks in advance.
this is my child hood dream of a boat so im 30 trying to figure this out, i did alot on my inlaws 28 footer up at the gorge but this little aluminum one is a world apart from that.
i also need a trailer for it if someone has one they want to get rid of cheap, i talked to garbagman a while ago and never made it up to so. ogden to get it, i am thinking less than 100 bucks it just needs wheels i can McGuyyver the rest of it. thanks.
Is that smell in the water fish farts?