Oh yea and this little lady!
that last "little lady" is ... well... AWESOME !!! looks like you had a great trip....
...."May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing"
and that big ling cod was by far my biggest one ever and a blast to bring in! The best part is that I got to release her to play another day (and make more babies)!
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!
Not a member yet? Click this link to register.
Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator
Try these tips of mine if you would.
1. Make sure your salt water fishing rod is equipped with 30 lb. test fishing line.
2. On the leader, you'll want to attach anywhere from 3 to 5 shrimp flies to the line, at about 8 inch intervals. Each fly should be dangling from a 4 inch drop line.
3. At the end of the rig, attach either a 1 lb. sinker or a jigging bar.
4. Then, bait your hooks. The most common bait is chunks of squid, but octopus, shrimp and other fish can be used as well.
5. Finally, while drifting over your chosen fishing spot, drop the line over the side of the boat and jig the rig off the bottom as you go.