I spent a good few years seriously fishing from a kayak before i got my boat. I still have 2 yaks (thanks James). I'd fish a tourney by paddle craft. Lets set it up!
I'm game for a tournament. Beginning around spring like early April would be a good time. We could get the word out then set up a place/time to go for it. Or we can do a photo contest where you take a photo of your catch in a ruler guide with the kayak in the photo and then post them here.
Any other thoughts?
Well looking at other yak tournaments they seem to have a similar set of rules. They go something like this. I altered to fit NV and the (*) indicates discussion for finalizing of rules.
1. These tournaments are bass-only events. Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass and Striped Bass are the only allowable fish for weighing towards your final stringer.
2. A tournament win is based on the total weight of (TBD) heaviest fish at the final weigh-in. (Maybe have JP for biggest LMB and Striper?)
3. All bass submitted must be alive and at least 12” in length (might have to change this one?)
4. Artificial baits only. Scents are allowed – squid or other cut bait is not. Berkley Gulp! is allowed. (unless we want to open it up to bait too?)
5. All fishing must be from a kayak, canoe or float tube. No trolling motors or propulsion systems other than paddle, kick or pedal (ie: Hobie kayaks) is allowed.
6. Fish Finders and GPS units are allowed.
7. Tournament hours will be(TBD). You are responsible for being on time to the final weigh-in.
8. Scoring will determined by the total weight of an angler's (TBD) heaviest bass as weighed by the weighboats. (Not sure if we will have logistics for this)
9. You may weigh up to (TBD) total bass while complying with NDOW regulations. The angler is responsible for keeping track of the number of fish weighed. Attempting to weigh more than (TBD) bass could result in disqualification.
10. You must abide by all NDOW regulations.
11. All inquiries, objections or complaints concerning any believed infraction of tournament or NDOW rules needs to be stated PRIOR to the awards.