Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Fly Fishing gear & equipment >

Help me identify this yarn / thread /...

Allen Fly Fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Help me identify this yarn / thread / line?

I need help identifying a couple types of fishing lines / yarns that are used to construct ornithopter wings. I'm clueless about fishing, so any help you guys could provide would be great.

These yarns / lines / thread are typically used to securely bond carbon parts to each other.

Here is a picture of the schematic

The yarn
It looks like its braided and is hollow on the inside to allow insertion of the rod.

The polyethylene line

I'm also looking for a type of thread that is wrapped around parts, then can soaked with CA glue to make the bond permanent. I think the thread may be fishing-related but I'm not sure.
Here is a picture:

Any chance ya'll could help me find American equivalents?