"The 2012 boat show has a wide range of activities to entertain and educate all ages interested in the boating lifestyle, whether you're a new boater in need of some on-the-water training, a DIY boater who'd like to sharpen your skills, or an adventurer looking for some underwater fun," said Larry Berryman, show manager. "And there are more boats on display this year, providing an ideal venue to purchase your next boat or upgrade your existing boating lifestyle."
Top five reasons to visit the Progressive Insurance Tampa Boat Show:
1. Boat deals almost as big as the boats. The weekend will showcase the marine industry's newest accessories, electronics and boats for sale. Shoppers will have access to exclusive deals on hundreds of boats from the region's top retailers and have the unique opportunity to board and compare hundreds of boats from luxury yachts (up to 97 feet!) and sport fishers to family cruisers and ski boats.
2. DIY boat maintenance. Boaters who want to maintain or upgrade their existing boats should visit the new Fred's Shed DIY Seminars & Interactive Learning Center for daily seminars and clinics that cover topics such as fuel economy and general detailing. The center will host Q&A sessions and hands-on clinics with the 'The Boating Guy', Keith Ammons, and Fred, a certified marine service technician.
3. Submerge yourself in scuba. Attendees 10 years and older can take a free diving lesson in the Dive Equipment & Marketing Association's (DEMA) 'Be a Diver' pool. All equipment is provided for those who want to try scuba diving in this 15,000-gallon heated pool. Experienced divers are also welcome to test out the latest scuba gear.
4. Leave expensive boating bills in your wake. Learn about 'Boating on a Budget' at the Welcome to the Water Center, where attendees can find information on the boating lifestyle and the best practices and products that make boating more affordable. Visitors can also shop a variety of entry-level boats that can be financed for $250 or less per month.
5. Learn how to navigate the open water, on the water. Whether new to the boating lifestyle or a seasoned sea-goer, 'Take the Helm' with Discover Boating offers attendees a variety of daily boating courses where they can get advice from expert captains during complimentary on-the-water training on the bay.
For tickets and details, visit TampaBoatShow.com.
Key Show Facts
Friday through Sunday, Sept. 28-30, 2012
Friday, Sept. 28: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 29: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 30: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Note: In-water area closes at 7 p.m. daily
Tampa Convention Center
333 South Franklin St.
Tampa, FL 33602
$12 - Adults (16 years & older)
FREE - Children (15 years & younger)
Friday Show Special: $2 off advance adult ticket purchase for Friday, Sept. 28
Purchase tickets at TampaBoatShow.com, at the show box office, or by calling 954-441-3220.
Visit TampaBoatShow.com; follow the Show on Twitter; find us on Facebook.
About the Tampa Boat Show
The 47th annual Tampa Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world's largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.
About Progressive: The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies is a leader in boat insurance and the largest seller of personal watercraft insurance in the U.S. It offers flexible, year-round coverage so boaters can go wherever they choose, whenever they choose and have peace of mind they're protected. Specialty coverages which vary by state include On-Water Towing, Roadside Assistance, Personal Effects, Total Loss Replacement, and Pet Injury.
Progressive makes it easy to understand, buy, and use vehicle insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach us whenever, wherever, and however it's most convenient for them-online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, or in-person with a local agent.