Atlantic Halibut Fishing
Atlantic Halibut Fishing Wall of Fame
Halibut 78" 275 lbs
Atlantic Halibut Fishing Article
Sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, the planets line up the seas lay down and the fish happen to share the same acre of water you’ve chosen to drop the anchor in. For those who’ve fished offshore Alaska more than a handful of times you know that these days can be magical, “red letter” days indeed for that almanac constantly being etched into your mind. What is it? The tide, the temperature, the moon? No, in all reality, it’s Karma. The fish gods are smiling. You’re living right. You’ve paid your dues and, you’ve also studied a little bit. This was one of those days. My ex-boss from a past life and his entire family had just flown...
Atlantic Halibut Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Hippoglossus|
|Other Fish Species Names:||flatfish, butt, flattie|
|Regions Fished:||Native to temperate waters of the northern Atlantic Ocean, where it lives in coastal waters and on the continental shelf down to a depth of 2,000 meters.|
One of the largest of flatfish, growing to maybe 4 meter in length and close to 500 kg in weight.
- Atlantic Halibut - In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a s...
- Saltwater Fish of the Week for 4/12/04 - California Halibut Paralichthys califonicus Category: tac Average Weig...
- Cod numbers down. - Report: New England's cod populations decreased in 2004 By ERIC TUCKER...
- Re: [theangler] Atlantic Halibut - We need a picture of this fish for our fish species ( section, anyone ...
- Re: [mkc] Need help identifying a fish - my guess is that it may be an Atlantic Halibut with out more details i...
- Re: [mkc] Need help identifying a fish - I think its Atlantic Halibut. wow its so cute. where did you get that?...