Burbot Fishing Wall of Fame
Utah Burbot Bash
BFT Burbot Bash
Burbot Fishing Article
This Utah fishing report is all about Burbot: they're ugly and they're not wanted in Flaming Gorge, but they're feeling quite cozy in their new home. Burbot, a fish angler's generally consider as a "junkfish" is a freshwater fish related to cod and looks a lot like an eel, with a mouth full of very tenatious teeth. It is commonly found in streams and lakes of North America above the 40°N latitude. And Burbot were recently illegally introduced into the Green River drainage in Wyoming, which is how they've recently made their way into the Gorge. Although nearly every sport fisherman consideres them "trash", there was a day...
Burbot Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Lota lota|
|Other Fish Species Names:||lawyer, eelpout|
|Regions Fished:||common in streams and lakes of North America and Europe|
|World Record:||Lake Athapapuskow, Manitoba 22 pounds 8 ounces and measured 42 1/2 inches long|
The burbot is edible. In Finland, its roe is sold as caviar. There is an annual spearfishing tournament held near Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada. One of the highlights of the tournament is the fish-fry where the day's catch is served up deep-fried. It may be of interest to note that burbot meat when cooked tastes very similar to the American lobster (Homarus americanus). Hence, other times referred to as "poor man's lobster."
- Eleven-Year-Old Releases Two World Records in Main - Eleven-Year-Ol d Releases Two World Records in Maine by IGFA Staff02/0...
- Re: [davetclown] Ice Fishing Rental Opertunities - Spacious, 4-bedroom lodge, located on the Upper Peninsula's Whitefish ...
- Alaskan Ice Fishing - well bust my britches and feed me cornpone Earlier I reported that the...
- fishing reports 2-23-03 - POST YOUR FISHING REPORTS AND WIN PRIZES ! A NEW WINNER EVERY WEEK ! t...
- Re: [lonewolf] bows - you can shoot burbot year round in the great lakes, but frankly I find...
- Snakehead Fish - Snakehead Fish Northern Snakehead is native to the waters of China, an...
- Re: [davetclown] what kind of fish is it ? - Hey man that black fish you got there is called a Burbot. I fished for those in ...
- Re: [davetclown] what kind of fish is it ? - a burbot is a bowfin or otherwise known as a dogfish . i saw my second...