California Yellowtail Fishing
California Yellowtail Fishing Wall of Fame
Dena Piont Ca Yellowtail
California Yellowtail Fishing Article
We all agree. The yellowtail is the most revered sportfish in our local waters. Southern California anglers will chase them anywhere in any watercraft available including float tubes. Trolling fishermen have been seen in fragile 14 foot aluminum boats 8-10 miles off shore in pursuit of the "yellows". Sportboats up and down the coast go out of their way both fuel wise and time wise to locate a suspected or reported school of "tails". Yellowtail counts in the local newspapers increases business for the sportfishing landings in southern California harbors. Yes! When the tails make their showing in the southland the charisma they bring is absolute...
California Yellowtail Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Seriola lalandi|
|Other Fish Species Names:||yellowtail, yellow|
|Regions Fished:||Circumglobal, in subtropical waters, and with a series of disjunct poplulations. Indo-Pacific: South Africa, Walter Shoals, Amsterdam Island, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Hawaii, Rapa, Pitcairn Island, and Easter Island. Eastern Pacific:|
The only jack without scutella on the caudal peduncle. Dark blue dorsally and almost white ventrally; with a well defined line of demarcation between the two colors.
- Re: & here is the Photo... - Steve, I've caught a couple Yellowtail over 50# but never close to 100...
- California Yellowtail from the beach. - [;)] I caught this beauty from the beach. 42# California Yellowtail, TLD 25 and ...
- Re: [drrtc] California Yellowtail from the beach. - Hey there drrtc, Outstanding catch. Is your buddy hooked up too? What did ...
- Re: [JapanRon] California Yellowtail from the beach. - Hooked up on 8oz. chrome diamond in the surf. We caught six before the bite was ...
- Re: [drrtc] California Yellowtail from the beach. - AWESOME DRRTC! SWEEEEET! GREAT FISH! [url " ______________ ______...
- Re: [davetclown] dose your state or country hold a world record for a fish species? - Hi there davetclown, I'm sure I am only seeing the tip of the iceberg here...
- San Diego to produce fin fish! - Offshore Fish Farm Proposed Nonprofit group would use a decommissioned...
- Wanna know what's biting where? Here's your front row seat! - Month of Mayhem The fishing is on fire in May, and spools spin at full...