Freshwater Drum Fishing
Freshwater Drum Fishing Wall of Fame
Mario Jimenez Sr.
Little Drummer Boy
Freshwater Drum Fishing Article
Ohio’s state-record yellow perch landed on St. Croix Triumph ultra-light – Sit back, relax and pop the top of a cold one while you read this. Go ahead, we’ll wait... Ready? Now can you identify with the laidback method it sometimes takes to catch a state-record fish... And that’s exactly the technique David Berg was employing April 18, 2016, while casting from shore with one of his many St. Croix rods. His catch near the high noon mark? A 2-pound 14-ounce yellow perch from Lake Erie; which is now being considered Ohio’s largest ever landed on hook and line. The potbellied fish was 15.73 inches long, and had a girth of 13.5 inches. Berg’...
Freshwater Drum Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Aplodinotus grunniens|
|Other Fish Species Names:||shepherd's pie, silver bass, gray bass, Gasper goo, Gaspergou, gou, grunt, grunter, grinder, croaker, sheephead, sheepshead|
|Regions Fished:||North and Central America|
The diet of the freshwater drum is generally benthic and composed of macroinvertebrates (mainly aquatic insect larvae and bivalve mussels), as well as small fish.
- Re: [patrickacox] Need help in figuring out a type of fish? - hybrid stripe bass COMMON NAME: WHITE BASS OTHER NAMES: SILVER BASS CO...
- Re: [JapanRon] How Many Freshwater Species Have you Caught? - [:)] 1.walleye 2.Northern 3.muskie 4.pickeral 5.largemouth bass 6.smal...
- FRESHWATER DRUM ( SHEEPHEAD ) - In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a s...
- Re: [davetclown] News Flash 16 species contest - i need a muskey, a walleye , a northern , a stergon , a laker , a coho...
- Re: [johnincolorado] Jackson Lake, Wiggins, CO - here in the mid=west , " freshwater whitefish " is well the old bugle ...
- A Day at Lake Manitoba - Well, I found this spot near Lundar, on Lake Manitoba, and set out to catch some...
- Re: [Dubie] A Day at Lake Manitoba - How do those freshwater Drum fight ? Like the Red Drum ?...
- Re: [Dubie] A Day at Lake Manitoba - Awesome report Dubie. I wish we had those freshwater drum here. It wou...