Giant Trevally Fishing
Giant Trevally Fishing Wall of Fame
GT Tag and Release in Fiji
GT Shane Heartstone
Giant Trevally Fishing Article
From the remote French island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, local angler Audrey Ferrand, of Savanna, St Paul, guided by Hugues Ferrand, landed a giant trevally (Caranx ignobilis) on March 5, weighing in at 48 kg (105 lb 13 oz) on women’s 60 kg (130 lb) class line. Using bait it took her over an hour to land the fish while fishing near the island’s commune of St Gilles. Reunion, which is about the size of the state of Rhode Island in the USA, is located off Southern Africa, east of Madagascar. The current IGFA women’s line class record for the fish is 91 lb 0 oz (41.3 kg) caught in 2004 from the waters of Tanzania, Africa’s Latham Island northwest...
Giant Trevally Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Caranx ignobilis|
|Other Fish Species Names:||ulua, mamulan, gerepoh, GT|
|Regions Fished:||Pacific and Indian Oceans. They are usually found as far south as central New South Wales in Australia, east to the Hawaiian Islands, west to the eastern islands of Africa and north to Japan|
The giant trevally uses its superior swimming abilities and power to hunt and smash baitfish. If the giant trevally doesn’t engulf the prey within the first strike, the prey is usually stunned or dead from the strike impact. They will usually devour the prey quickly with one bite as competition can be fierce from other specimens in the pack.
- 4 Billfish Species - 4 Billfish SpeciesEast of Mackay-Whitsun day’s there is some unbelieva...
- Kona Hawaii fishing report - Kona Hawaii fishing report 3/22/01 , Shortnose spearfish tops the list...
- mono vs. braid - i was referred to the Giant Trevally postings at the Saltwater forum in response...
- Re: Favorite live bait? - Frigate Makerel in the 1 to 3 lb. range for dropping to the bottom.Red...
- Re: What is this? - This species has lot's of different common names and comes in a range ...
- Re: What is this? - Oh Dan,Didn't you have your glasses on when you looked at the photo? G...
- What is considered "big game" ? - What is considered a "big game" fish ?I figure the answer to this will vary wide...
- Re: Reel question - Jan,I live in Hawaii and Newell reels are slowly becoming the standard here. Her...