Lingcod Fishing Wall of Fame
Ling Cod 2015
Lingcod Fishing Article
Nothing can match the ugliness of cabezon, not even ratfish, lizardfish, lingcod or sculpin. The name cabezon is derived from the Spanish word "cabeza" which means big head. In fact, theyhave massive heads with mouths full of minute teeth that look like a wire brush. Located deep in their throat is an organ meant for crushing crabs, clams, and anything else that ends up down there. Their fins are thick and fleshy, especially the pectorals whose fleshy spines extend like fingers past the soft rays. Lying in ambush they move around on the rocks and debris dragging themselves with their pectorals. They are incredibly strong jawed and can remove finger...
Lingcod Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Ophiodon elongatus|
|Other Fish Species Names:|
|Regions Fished:||North American west coast from Shumagin Islands in the Gulf of Alaska to Baja California, Mexico|
|Common Tackle:||Penn 8500SS, Seeker A870-7S, Mustad 3/0, 20# Big Game, live sardine.|
The lingcod is a popular eating fish, and is thus prized by anglers.
- Re: [davetclown] making own lures - Interesting, whittling my own lures. I guess I can take a piece of woo...
- Re: [DrownedDesertRat] What do you guys think? - I will go ya one better... LOL check out this passage. A version of th...
- Re: LEFT-HANDED REEL RECOMMENDATION - I use a abu=garcia bait caster 6500 left hand model for mooching salmon, Halibut...
- Re: Lure testers Wanted - I JUST REELED IN A 41.8 LB. LINGCOD ON 5-23 WITH A 6 FT.BASS ROD AND A SMALL BRO...
- Re: [bassturd] so. cal winter? - California's nearshore bottom fishing regs are extraordinaril y comple...
- Lingcod - In an effort to help each other get on the fish, we will be adding a s...
- Re: [chum-bucket] Rock cod-ling, cod regs - Ling Cod (a)Open Season and Area: See Section 27.82. Lingcod may not b...
- Late Summer: The Best Time For Halibut? - By: Dan Bacher Techniques Index One of the myths of halibut fishing is...