Swordfish Fishing Wall of Fame
Capt. Bill Brown
Team BoldWater's Jenny and Tro
Swordfish Fishing Article
During the Summer of 2000, I met up with a long time friend of mine, Joe Settembrino. Sitting in his living room the topic of fishing came up, as usual. He mentioned night fishing and we began talking about the infamous Swordfish. Through the grapevines I had been hearing that recreational fisherman were beginning to once again "catch them up". Thinking back, I remember spurting out, "We need to make friends with someone to take us Sword fishing, keep your feelers out!" Ever since I was a child I had dreamed of landing a swordfish, the notorious predators of the night. A popular target of the mid 80's long liners that suffered depletion and became...
Swordfish Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Xiphias gladius|
|Other Fish Species Names:|
|World Record:||1,182 lb (536.15 kg) specimen taken off Chile in 1953|
Recreational fishing has developed a sub-specialty called sword fishing. It has become quite popular throughout many parts of the world. Because there is a ban on Long lining along many parts of seashore, swordfish populations are showing signs of recovery from the overfishing caused by Long lining along the coast. The population recovery is far from complete and the swordfish population is still at a much lower level than it once was.
- Cabo Fish Report - Cabo San Lucas Fish Report for November 20-26, 2000Captain George Land...
- LEGISLATION TO BAN SHARK - LEGISLATION TO BAN SHARK FINNING AWAITS PRESIDENT'S SIGNATUREAfter alm...
- Cabo San Lucas Fish Report - CABO SAN LUCAS FISH REPORT FOR 29 JANUARY TO 4 FEBRUARY 2001Capt. Geor...
- Cabo San Lucas Fish Report - CABO SAN LUCAS FISH REPORT FOR MARCH 26-APRIL1 2001Capt. George Landru...
- Offshore Ft. Myers, Naples, Sanibel - Greetings;Fish ing offshore has been a mixed bag this past week. The g...
- Re: Islander 3-day 6/30-7/03 - San Diego - No worries Jeff. From what Thor was saying (below) it looks like there...
- CA NEEDS YOUR HELP ASAP! - Dear Fellow Captains and Anglers:This year starting August 15, 2001 th...
- Check this out... - Dave posted this on the Salt Water board, I thought it should be seen ...