Swordfish Fishing Wall of Fame
Capt. Bill Brown
Team BoldWater's Jenny and Tro
Swordfish Fishing Article
During the Summer of 2000, I met up with a long time friend of mine, Joe Settembrino. Sitting in his living room the topic of fishing came up, as usual. He mentioned night fishing and we began talking about the infamous Swordfish. Through the grapevines I had been hearing that recreational fisherman were beginning to once again "catch them up". Thinking back, I remember spurting out, "We need to make friends with someone to take us Sword fishing, keep your feelers out!" Ever since I was a child I had dreamed of landing a swordfish, the notorious predators of the night. A popular target of the mid 80's long liners that suffered depletion and became...
Swordfish Fish Species Information
|Scientific Fish Name:||Xiphias gladius|
|Other Fish Species Names:|
|World Record:||1,182 lb (536.15 kg) specimen taken off Chile in 1953|
Recreational fishing has developed a sub-specialty called sword fishing. It has become quite popular throughout many parts of the world. Because there is a ban on Long lining along many parts of seashore, swordfish populations are showing signs of recovery from the overfishing caused by Long lining along the coast. The population recovery is far from complete and the swordfish population is still at a much lower level than it once was.
- Re: Do glow-in-the-dark lures catch fish or fishermen? - Fishstock: Most of the lakes here in the Southern California area clos...
- Re: [MountainMan] What's the biggest fish you've ever caught? - MountainMan: Some of your reactions on these boards indicate to me the...
- Re: [Dryrod] Wallpaper - Not a big trout fan. You get a swordfish laying there I will use it! Trout, the ...
- Re: [fishfather] Wallpaper - Hey fishfather, Here is your swordfish. [url " [font "Po or&...
- Re: [releaseit] Fish Story - Welcome releasit also. Sorry I did not look at your sign up static. I ...
- Freshwater Fish of the Week 8/1 - American Eel EEL, AMERICAN Anguilla rostrata. EEL, EUROPEAN Anguilla a...
- Re: [steveweston1945] Thank You Everyone - You've earned your shiner, litterly. LOL Your icon changes with the am...
- Re: [Jen_Carroll] New Lures on the Market-by Jen - 0 => Greenhorn 5 => Bait 25 => Shiner 50 => Brookie 100 =&...