Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fishing and Hunting Games : Nintendo & Sega Fishing Games >

Bass Fishing On Super Nintendo

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Bass Fishing On Super Nintendo
One of my most favorite games has got to be Jimmy Houston's Bass Fishing Tournament USA. I remember first playing this game about 7 years ago and i still have a lot of fun with it.

It's not one of those games where you go underwater with the lure. This one its all done above the water and you have a wide variety of lures, from jigs and plastics to crankbaits and topwater.

So I would highly recomend this game if you are looking for a good bass fishing game. It's so much fun, I still play it in my free time.

Re: [TooPureToDie] Bass Fishing On Super Nintendo In reply to
Hi TPTD,
Never played the game but I'd have to agree with you that the under water 3d viewing and seeing the bass like you were right under water with your lure on some games was cool for a couple days, but they over did it.
Did you ever try Trophy Bass I or II PC Sierra, or Pro Fishing Challenge by Atlus for the Xbox? Trophy Bass I & II were were very cool games in the day, then Trophy Bass 3 in 3D came out, and that started all the underwater view crap. Pro Fishing Challenge is really an incredible newer game that is the most realistic fishing simulation I have ever played. See my post on the Xbox fishing games. Have a good one. LBD

Re: [daffy] Bass Fishing On Super Nintendo In reply to
Yeah i just did read that post of yours on that x box game. I will have to go and check it out, because right now i just have that rapala fishing game for my x box because i have never really found anything else.

How is it fishing for bass on there? Like the presentations and lures?

The game is every bit as challenging as actual fishing, you have little to know idea what the lure is doing under the water, you just have to experiment with different retrieves, lure selection is good, and the whole game is based on bass fishing tournaments and practice. the really cool thing for me was having to fish tournaments to buy better equipment and recieving some things that can only attained by doing well in the tournaments (new boats, motors, clothing, poles, reels...) Fishing is tough, snags happen, fish fight hard! that is another cool part, when the fish is fighting the views change and close in on the fish, a real heart pumper...

Re: [daffy] Bass Fishing On Super Nintendo In reply to
haha well i think you've won me over. i have to go and get that game it just sounds way to good to not have.

have you tried the rapala game on x box?

Yeah I have the first one for PS2 was not too impressed by that one... the 3D stuff is not really what I am into. The graphics were kind of lacking, but any fishing game is good! heh I'm sure they have a copy of Pro Fishing Challenge at the video store to rent, give it a try, I think you'll like it.