Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Float Tube Fishing : Float Tubing General >

Float tube rod rack questions

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
fishing

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Float tube rod rack questions
I am thinking I'm either going to buy one for 90 bucks, or if I can find a good and simple design to build I may go that way. I'm definitely not a handyman in any way but if anyone here has found a simple design that could hold 3-4 rods (fly and spinning) I would like that. Looking at a few designs I have some ideas but nothing that has a good detailed list of what I could do step by step. If anyone has any ideas I would love that!
Re: [happybob91] Float tube rod rack questions In reply to
Have you checked out the board called pimped out tubes:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...d;page=unread#unread

BFT administrator and moderator
Need to know what kind of tube you have first off. Also a nice pic would help to get the old noggin to start thinkin of different designs.

Albinotrout
Fishing and trains...what else is there? BASEBALL.......
lots of great Ideas here. But like what was stated earlier. What kind of craft do you have. I do not think you need to spend 90.00 on a couple of rod holders. I mean look as something a ssimple as taking a milk crate and bolting up a inexpensive rod rack on it to go behind your seat on a kayak or v shaped tube with a deck or platform.

If you can give us a little more info I bet we will be able to help you engineer something if you have not already got something.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."...Anonymous
You can make one for under 20 bucks. Check out the ride pimping section and you will see tons of ideas. A few PVC gluing skills and a few knot tying lessons will just about get you in the game. Cool

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports