Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Creek Co ODC 420 Review
Hi guys, after using the CC ODC420 for the 2014 season I thought I'd post a review of it to help others who may be interested in buying a new tube. Overall, I am very happy with the tube. The divided pockets were the deciding factor for me over other brands. It is well made and relatively lightweight at 12lbs fully inflated. The external valves were a nice improvement. The only downside to the tube, as others have stated, is the seat and backrest foam needing readjusting after a long period on the water. I did make a PVC frame for the seat which solved the seat issue though. Here's my youtube review of the tube. Hope it helps!

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFx9-D0hU8"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFx9-D0hU8[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the review. Good idea for the bottom seat bladder by using a frame. It's also possible to use 3 of the foam blocks in the bottom seat bladder compartment to help with seat sag and get extra floatation for big guys. The large inflatable bladders for the bottom seat also fit the seat back and provide better lumbar support than the thin ones.

The external valves should help with side pontoon bladder shift. I have the older version with internal valves and have cut a small hole to allow for a reversed bottom seat bladder. This allows the use of a mouth inflation tube on the 3 critical bladders while on the water. Useful for solving cold water bladder shrinkage once you are on the water.

PM

[quote Scubasteve12]Hi guys, after using the CC ODC420 for the 2014 season I thought I'd post a review of it to help others who may be interested in buying a new tube. Overall, I am very happy with the tube. The divided pockets were the deciding factor for me over other brands. It is well made and relatively lightweight at 12lbs fully inflated. The external valves were a nice improvement. The only downside to the tube, as others have stated, is the seat and backrest foam needing readjusting after a long period on the water. I did make a PVC frame for the seat which solved the seat issue though. Here's my youtube review of the tube. Hope it helps!

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVPG5ST0Uc"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVPG5ST0Uc[/url][/quote]
[signature]
Great review. Excellent visual presentation. I know a lot about that tube now. Thank you!
[signature]
My wife has an outcast FC4 with foam seats and to make it more comfortable for her I took a plastic lawn chair and cut the legs off of it. This gives her more support and she loves it.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=54496]
[signature]
Albino, how much does that tube weigh after all the additions? Is it hard to haul long distances?
[signature]
It is still pretty light for me at least. My wife has bad wrists so she doesn't carry it too far. I don't carry it with the battery and motor of course. To help her move it I built a dolly that the she and the kids could use. Now that the kids are older it doesn't get used hardly at all.
[signature]
Gotcha. I am surprised the ODC weighs 12lbs. I think I will get me another Predator at 13lbs and 6' long with oars. Seat is very comfortable in it.
[signature]
I guess I don't understand. You mention getting another Predator. Why do you need two? If I get another pontoon (I have a Renegade), it will be because it serves a slightly different fishing need for me.
[signature]
I sold my Predator last year to get the Fuzion1 (which I love). But, I now want to get something really light to hike with. The Predator weighs 13lbs. The Fuzion about 30. I was thinking SFC or The ODC, but I think I will save a few more pennys and get the Predator again.
I could use my Assault which weighs 23lbs. My hubby does have the Predator, so yes it will be a second one..[Smile]
[signature]
Gotcha! Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Gotcha. I am surprised the ODC weighs 12lbs. I think I will get me another Predator at 13lbs and 6' long with oars. Seat is very comfortable in it.[/quote]

The red and green ODCs weigh 8.5 #, while the grey one weighs 12# and all will sometimes go on sale for around $150 in recent times. [url "http://creekcompany.com/product.php?productid=16305&cat=249"]http://creekcompany.com/...id=16305&cat=249[/url]
The Predator is much higher quality and retains a greater resale value. Weight difference of 4.5# could be significant if you have long hikes.

PM
[signature]
I bought a 15"x15" inflatable cushion for $3.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse and shoved it behind the backrest foam. No more bending and sliding off the back of the seat foam. Better lumbar support too...
[signature]
Like the PVC seat buttress also.
My first thought to stop the seat strap digging not the BACK - a piece of Coroplast glued to the rear and cut to shape.
[signature]