Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Float Tube Fishing : Float Tubing General >

New Pontoon Boat

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
New Pontoon Boat
Ya gotta check this out! A whole new category has opened up!!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/2608726056.html
Re: [cpierce] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
PVC has reached new heights!!! LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
CoolI like this one better. I think it is one of Daves newer frameless models. Likely not too stable in whitewater but lookin' good on the still pond.

Re: [TubeDude] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
Where to put the worms...LOL C, that thing really floats I am told.....

Re: [flygoddess] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
I saw it on another site, and it was just too good not to share.

The part that gets me is the riding on the rivers with it idea!

I think I would be a bit nervous on still water too. Some really nice wakes or waves might just pop some of the joints.....
They say "less is more" I don't think that is true in this case. GET A FLOAT TUBE!!!!!

$250? This is one time I hope P.T. Barnum is wrong.
oh boy !
Somehow I get the feeling beer and banjos were in abundance when this contraption was conceived. One guy saying "hey I got an idea!" and his beer guzzling brethren saying "oh yeah, that's a great idea, let's do it! Then we can sell them on Craigslist and be rich!"
Re: [h82sink] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
The center of gravity seems very high on this design, you got to sit low to minimize flipping... On the other hand lawn chair Larry's balloon craft did fly: http://www.truthorfiction.com/...l/lawnchairlarry.htm

There seems to be something attractive about lawnchair craft....

Pon
Re: [pontoonman] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
Speakin' of PVC pipe creations, I would like to make rod cases from very lightweight thin wall 3" PVC sewer line. But the available cap fittings/plugs seem to be all wrong size. I've thought of a small section from wooden post to use as a plug. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm trying to stay as lightweight as possible. I know you can buy nice ones and and avoid the aggravation, but homemade means custom lengths and lower costs....

Pon
Re: [pontoonman] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
You can make plugs out of those larger size swim noodles .......... You can even plug up the hole in the middle of the noodle by cutting a small piece, (slightly larger than the hole in the middle), then glue it in with RTV or silicone........ You won't even know it wasn't solid to begin with.

>>>> Listen to the voices in your tackle box <<<<
Re: [WaveWolf] New Pontoon Boat In reply to
Great idea WW, thanks!

Pon

WaveWolf wrote:
You can make plugs out of those larger size swim noodles .......... You can even plug up the hole in the middle of the noodle by cutting a small piece, (slightly larger than the hole in the middle), then glue it in with RTV or silicone........ You won't even know it wasn't solid to begin with.
Another redneck contraption... I must say it looks top heavy. Also the floating aspect needs some more help too.

Albinotrout
Fishing and trains...what else is there? BASEBALL.......