Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Float Tube Fishing : Float Tubing General >

Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust...

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota
Has anyone rotated the head on a transom mount trolling motor? Can it be done without messing up the wiring? Any tricks or secrets?
I built a bracket to go on the bow of my boat so I can put the motor up front but need to rotate the head so my forward gears actually prpel the boat forward.
Re: [2dogs] Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota In reply to
I have the Maxxum 40 and I have turned the head. Just make sure the wires are out of the way on the bolt hole. Use a pick or a screwdriver if needed.

Re: [2dogs] Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota In reply to
That is what mine is. It is a snap you can't mess it up. Take out the bolt and turn it that is it. Ron
Re: [idahoron] Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota In reply to
Great! Thats what i wanted to hear, easy. Gonna swap it and test it out at SFCR in the morning
Re: [idahoron] Rotating the head on a 40lb thrust minkota In reply to
idahoron wrote:
That is what mine is. It is a snap you can't mess it up. Take out the bolt and turn it that is it. Ron

There is one thing that wasn't mentioned. After you turn the head and go to put the screw back in, one side of the head where the screw goes has a recessed place the nut fits into. Be sure to put the screw in so the stainless nut will fit into the recessed thingy.

Hopefully this is clear. Lots of words...Wink

FT

Copyright © 1996-2015 First Light Net All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
First Light Net, a trademark of Predatorial Advertising Associates, L.L.C.
SEO By Infront Webworks - Colorado Springs, Co