Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Float Tube Fishing : Pictures >

EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP
CoolI wanted to do a splashdown at Utah Lake today, to get in my first tube trip of 2006 and to test my new Eagle Fishmark 320. Below freezing temps and 30 mph winds around noon kinda put a crimp in my optimism. I stayed home and put the finishing touches on my combo tube/ice setup. Here's the pics.

Basic tube setup, with transducer shaft mounted to the left rear, behind the rod rack.

The transducer shaft is secured with a bungee cord, top and bottom, and rotates around the tube for protection when launching or beaching.

The transducer unit is screwed to a "T" connector on the bottom end of a 1/2" PVC shaft.

A piece of bungee cord is looped to fit over the "T" connector at the top of the transducer shaft.

The bungee cord is knotted around the shaft at the bottom, just above the transducer.

The transducer shaft is easily rotated down after launching, and rotated up before beaching, to prevent damage by rocks, etc.

The system easily converts to ice fishing, by adding a couple of lateral supports in the holes of the top T connector, to prevent the shaft from going down the ice hole.

A waterproof and insulated two compartment picnic bag works great to hold both the sonar system and assorted lure boxes, etc. The battery goes in the front, wrapped with a towel for extra insulation.

The two stabilizer pieces are not glued into the connector, so they can be easily taken down for transport in the bag.

When moving, or leaving, everything stows neatly in the picnic bag.

So far I have not had the new unit on the water, but have been favorably impressed by the reviews. With the "Fast Track" (real time) split screen graph system on the left, along with conventional fish marks, it seems to be an ideal combo unit for both tubing and ice fishing.

The price is right...only $149 at either Sportsmans or Cabelas. It has a lot of features for the money. Not a high end unit, but it puts out a lot of info at 1500 watts, so it will not suck your battery dry after a couple of hours.

Re: [TubeDude] EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP In reply to
I see you are still a man of many talents and ideas! Always impressive.
Nate (AKA EmuScud)

Flyfishing

Re: [EmuScud] EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP In reply to
CoolWell, look who wandered in. Howya doin' Nate? Are you going to have some time to chase whities and walleyes with the fairy wand this spring? I just built a new 9 1/2' for a five weight that is itching for some action.

Thanks for the compliments. Take away my PVC and I would feel nekkid...or at least severely challenged.

Later in the spring, absolutely! I still lurk around as these boards have always provided needed therapy. I haven't even purchased a license yet this year. What is this world coming too???? My fishcat cries everytime I go into the garage. Sometimes it is an all out fight between the fishing stuff and the golf clubs to see who gets to load up in the trunk. They have both been neglected for far too long. Hopefully things will slow down around the end of April.
Nate (AKA EmuScud)

Flyfishing

CoolApril will be walleye spawn time. Not the best for fly roddin'. When it warms in May, the whites get frisky and the walleyes go on a post spawn feed.

Suggestion. Finish whatever you have to do in April and call in sick for May. The wife? Can't help you with that one.

Nice looking setup TD. Good to see your creative juices perkolating again.

Hi Nate.

zonker
Visit my fishing blog at:

http://zonkersfishingblog.blogspot.com

Hi Nate! Long time since we've seen you around!! Good to hear you're still alive down there! You still working at UVSC? I've moved to Payson, graduated and continue to work at Novell.

We'll have to get out sometime this year!! (I haven't got my license yet this year either!)

Your Fishing Webmasters Moderator

Utah Fishing Information - Get Info on Utah fish species and waters

Register for BigFishTackle - it's FREE and easy!

Re: [cat_man] EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP In reply to
Good to see your still hanging out 'round here! Zonker, thanks for the howdy!

I would love to get out this spring for the whities with you all.

TD, floatilla in May????

I'm still at UVSC, teaching part-time in the graduate and undergrad programs at BYU, small private practice, and oh yea, a wife and three kids.
Nate (AKA EmuScud)

Flyfishing

CoolI have an aggressive fishing schedule this year. I have targeted 39 lakes and 33 species. However, that is not going to keep me from hitting Utah Lake fairly often.

My wife would rather catch and eat channel cats than almost anything else. She accepts the occasional suicidal walleye that comes along, but her heart is with the kitties.

My point is that I will be fishing around the lake and monitoring the different fish populations...and their willingness to play. As soon as I THINK I have a pattern, we can plan periodic "flotillas" to give others a shot at learning more about the different species and how to fish for them from "floatation craft".

But...there is no need to be formal about it. Any excuse to go fishing is good enough for me. Whenever you can see a hole in your schedule, give an e-shout and we will put something together.

That invitation is open to all BFT tubers and tooners. TubeBabe and I will be going fairly often. Let us know when and if you can get away and we can make arrangements to "hook up" on the water.

I look back over the years and all that I learned by fishing with others who were willing to share their knowledge, and I feel that I would be ungrateful indeed if I did not share what I have learned in return. Not only that, tubing is a social thing. Only difference is when you are fishing a small "honey hole" somewhere that can't handle a lot of pressure. The good news is that I don't know many of those and I usually fish the bigger more user-friendly waters anyway.

fair enough
Nate (AKA EmuScud)

Flyfishing

Nice combo design TD. Love the dirt on your tubes too .. it tells stories of many great days. Can't wait to get mine fowled up!

Re: [AdictedBassTard] EAGLE FISHMARK 320 SETUP In reply to
CoolBelieve it or not, I usually try to keep them cleaner, but after my last couple of trips I just tossed them in the garage...with good intentions.

Actually, my tube wears his "ring" proudly. He actually whimpers when I approach with a bottle of spray cleaner and a brush.

Over the past couple of years that Fat Cat has logged some miles and some smiles.

Had a lot of time to research Fishfinders and still have plenty more time. I'll check that Eagle Fishmark out, too.