Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Float Tube Fishing : Pictures >

PONTOONERY

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
PONTOONERY
CoolMany float tubers are "graduating" to pontoons. While the float tube genre of flotation craft will always offer more in terms of portability and hands free fishing, for smaller waters, there is no denying that pontoons are a big "bridge" between float tubes and boats.

Choices in makes, models and sizes of pontoon craft have exploded over the past few years. Manufacturers are listening to anglers and the designs are more and more fisherman friendly. You can find just about any configuration you want, in seats, frames, pockets, motor mounts, cargo carrying and other features.

Naturally, few fishermen are going to leave their craft as they got it "off the shelf". Creative types can go wild with PVC, straps and cords to attach sonar, rod holders, fish baskets or livewells and other "add-ons".

This chapter will include not only pics of members' tricked out craft, but other aspects of tooning too, like transporting, add-ons, etc. You may find the same or additional pictures by visiting pictorial threads on TRANSPORTING, MOTORS, ROD HOLDERS, SONAR, etc.

LINK TO PICS ON RIGGING

Let's start out with a little fun. This is not a practical fishing craft, but it has some enjoy potential.

Second view. Doesn't take much dock space.

Another "lighter look" at pontoons. Now if you switched the pedal model for a full-blown Harley....

Double Duty

Titled "Redneck Bass Boat", this is technically a pontoon craft. Nuff said.

This is what floatation fishing is all about. Thanks to Theekillerbee for sharing this pic of his 'toon on Causey Reservoir in Utah.

Here's a pic of Theekillerbee putting his toon to work by landing a nice 4# channel cat near Lindon on Utah Lake.

Fishhound's 12 foot Dave Scadden toon. Originally used for river running but set up for stillwater fishing.

Made by the same manufacturer that produces the Outcast toons, the Scadden craft has 4 air chambers and a low profile. It can operate in "thin" water.

The square tubing of the frame allows easy use of clamp on rod holders and other accessories.

You don't need a pickup or a trailer to transport a fully inflated 'toon. CBR and Mikecromaine are ready to launch at Lincoln Beach, on Utah Lake.

Mikes Colorado and CBR's Fish Cat are ready to rumble.

Mike's tricked out Colorado, including a "Jolly Roger" flag that says "Fish or Cut Bait".

Mike proudly flying the Jolly Roger on Utah Lake.

Mike under power...over the shoulder operation.

A Colorado...from a member in Colorado

Trout Unlimited Colorado Pontoon.

Outcast Fish Cat 9

OUTPAC 9

PAC 1000

PAC 9000

Outcast Fish Cat Cougar.

Fish Cat Panther

Fish Cat Streamer

Outcast PAC 1200 2-Man

PAC 1200 Red

Jedburton casting on Utah Lake in his pontoon rigged with a front mount trolling motor.

Jed made good use of the foot rests on the frame to secure the wooden motor mount crosspiece.

Another view of the front mounted trolling motor.

Water Skeeter Snohomish pontoon

Versa Vessel Expedition

Versa Vessel Lake Kickboat

Versa Vessel Lake Skiff

Versa Vessel LRS Standard

Bronco Extreme

Creek Company ODC 1624

Creek Company ODC Sport Boat

Dave Scadden Skykomish Sunrise

Double Haul

Southfork

Mallard

ODC 816

Thanks to member Henerysfork for submitting these pics of the simple one-wheeled system he contrived to help move a loaded pontoon to the water and back.

You can find a complete description and tips on the main board. Basically just clamped onto the foot rests for use, and then easily removed.

(This post was edited by TubeDude on Mar 7, 2006, 4:54 AM)

Re: [TubeDude] PONTOONERY In reply to
You're making me want to buy one. Hehe. Thanks for the great photo's! But before I buy one of those, I'll need to get me some waders first.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.

Re: [DrownedDesertRat] PONTOONERY In reply to
CoolHey Joe, thanks for dropping in. Hope all is going well for you.

About the waders, you don't have nearly the need for them with a pontoon, but they are good to have in the cooler months of the year.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be doing a complete Pontoon Shopping guide, with many more pictures and basic specs for each craft. There will also be links to several different sources or info sites for each craft covered.

Let us know when you get serious and we will help you get the most "splash" for the buck.

I'm doing better. But I have a long way to go. Thanks for asking.

These look awesome. But here in Minnesota, we probably need the waders more than down in your neck of the woods. Not a bad idea to drag one along for the early and late ice fishing.

It's going to be a while before I'm able to get one. Heh, I need to find a place to keep one first of all.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.

Here is the latest round of floating toon pics.

- CBR (BigFish Utah)

Re: [CBR] PONTOONERY In reply to
Here are some fresh ones.

BFT member HCD with a nice Wiper.

BFT member HCD and two nice pontoon bound caught Wipers.

Me landing a Wiper.

Me and a nice Wiper.

- CBR (BigFish Utah)