Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Fly Fishing General Discussion >

Have you ever seen this fish?

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Have you ever seen this fish?
Has anyone ever heard of or fished for Taimen? I came across this film today where some guys were fly fishing deep in the wilderness in Russia for them and after doing a little research, I was amazed.

They can get up to 6 ft long. I couldn't imagine battling them on a fly. I read that they are called River Wolves because they are so predatory.

I would be interested to hear about your experiences with these fish if you have any. Here is the film I saw in case you want to check it out.

http://harvestingnature.com/...n-by-black-fly-eyes/
image/png Taimen.PNG (964 KB)
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [jtownsend86] Have you ever seen this fish? In reply to
Taimen are an awesome fish. I have had the chance to fish for them on 2 occasions. I love the fight as well as the elusiveness of this cousin of the Trout and Salmon.

Catching them on a rod and reel is not as hard as one would think providing that you have the right equipment and enticement for them. I prefer my 11 wt flyrod and some of my custom long streamer flies.

They few fish that I did catch were barely in the 70 to 80lb range. They put up an awesome fight and are carefully returned to grow up to live another day. Cool

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports