Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Fly Fishing General Discussion >

Marabou??

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Marabou??
CoolMarabou? Sounds like a place on the coast of SoCAL. Being inquisitive I did a little search in Google. God why didn't they have computers when I went to school. Could have save many hours by not going to the library. Well back to the subject and here is the answer which you all probabably knew already.marabou n 1: large African black-and-white carrion-eating stork; downy under-wing feathers are used to trim garments [syn: marabout, marabou stork, Leptoptilus crumeniferus] 2: downy feathers of marabou storks used for trimming garmentsDidn't know that these stocks liked carrion like a turkey buzzard.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

Re: [Dryrod] Marabou?? In reply to
Always cool to hear something you didn't know.Cool
Here's one for ya: Do you know the reason deer are always on the sides of the highway?

ROR!!!
What a joke!

Re: [lunkerhunter2] Deer In reply to

TongueTaking a wild guess it might be due to the nice lush grass and perhaps wild flowers that can be found on the parkways.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

Re: [Dryrod] Deer In reply to
You are thinking right, but just shy of the answer.
Answer: There was a study done in kansas to figure out why deer are always on the roadsides. They concluded that it is a direct result of the application of salt in the winter month's that becomes saturated in the soil and plants that are there. The idea is basically like a deer using a salt lick to get a certain mineral they need. Except they are getting it from the roadside. Take it or leave it. I believe it, because we use alot of salt to de-ice our highways. If you walk the roadside in the spring you can see the salt deposits.Cool

ROR!!!
What a joke!

Re: [Dryrod] Marabou?? In reply to
I believe all the marabou for fly tying is chicken feathers - the fluffy floaty feathers.

dB
disinfect your wading equipment. wash boat. disinfect livewells / sumps, wash ur dog