Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Fly Fishing General Discussion >

Why I fish

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Why I fish
CoolI never go fishing with the thought of catching a trophy size fish. I enjoy fishing particularily on a scenic river/stream. The size of my catch is inmaterial. True I would rather catch a + 16" bow or any trout for that matter. Much more fun than catching a minnow.Tongue I am not looking for bragging right. I only have one friend who fishes and it is nice that he is a fly fisherman since that gives us an opportunity to discuss our outings & secrets. The first time that I went steel heading it was more important that I catch one rather than how big it would be. Some people will ask me after I have been fishing as to how many did I catch and how big were they versus did you have a good time. If the Angels beat the Yankees 15-0 then lose the next one 1-0 it still counts as 1 win & 1 loss. Might not be exactly the same thing. I'm sure that very few will agree with my view point so what is your take on this scenario?

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

Re: [Dryrod] Why I fish In reply to
Some of my most enjoyable "fishing" experiences I have not caught a fish. Now I would sure prefer to catch fish and catch big fish or even better catch a lot of big fish, but that is not the point. Thanks to my family and my live's circumstances I grew up with a love and appreciation of the outdoors. Fishing is just another excuse to get away from the city, people, hustle and busel and enjoy the outdoors. I guess I just like God's creations better than man's If I can catch a fish that is just another plus. I also enjoy the chalange of learning a skill and trying to out smart the water and fish. I think that is why I particularly enjoy fly fishing. If you combine the outdoors, fishing and spending time with family and friends well then LIFE IS GOOD!
Re: [campfire] Why I fish In reply to

CoolI'll drink to that campfire.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator