Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Fly Fishing gear & equipment >

New Setup

Allen Fly Fishing
fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
New Setup
I just upgraded to new gear for the coming season. I was using the reddington crosswater rod and reel. Yesterday I purchased a new Sage Approach along with a Lamson Guru 2 black reel. Do you guys think I made a good decision?
Re: [ebacon] New Setup In reply to
Hi there ebacon, Looks like you bought yourself a pretty good setup. Sage is certainly a name that can be trusted. Make sure that you get a good quality fly line for that is what your whole system should be built around. Good luck.

• Medium-fast action
  • Black primary thread wraps with silver trim wraps
  • Ceramic stripper guide
  • Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
  • Reverse half-wells grip on freshwater weights
  • All aluminum reel seat with full-wells grip and fighting butt for saltwater weights
  • Oyster Shell shaft color
  • Silver gray rod tube with divided liner
  • 4 Piece rod

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

NICE!!! I don't know why Sage lists it as an entry level rod, I think it is awesome.
And I have always loved Lamson.
I agree with Dryrod though, the line is the cake when it comes to fishing. Get a good line.

Re: [flygoddess] New Setup In reply to
The Sage Launch of years gone by was listed at one time as an entry level rod.. ??

...."May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing"
Nice... and listen to DR and FG... the line is critical.. buy the best you can afford and you will not regret it.. :-)

...."May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing"