Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Forum : Tying & using freshwater flies >

scan them

Fishing Flies
fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
scan them
I'm always coming across neat flies with pictures and a how to tie them. Well who needs a file draw full of pages cut out from here and there, so I scan them into my PC and then can catalog them as I wish.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

Re: [Dryrod] scan them In reply to
That sounds good, I bet it won't take long to get a nice collection built up. My problem is deciding between it all, and then I have to figure out if I can tie it decently or not. Unfortunately what I tie is usually a bit of a mess, but some of the fish aren't too picky!
Awesome idea!

I like that idea...

I sometimes get a little confuse with printed directions soooooooo...

what I do is as I see a video that I like I save it as a favorite and then copy that folder to a thumb drive.. I can plug that drive into any computer and I have a video demonstration of a fly I want to tie..

also.. Im learning a little bit about rss feeds and recently started getting automatic updated feeds from one site with video demos of the flies being tied..

MacFly Cool

...."May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing"
Re: [macfly55] scan them In reply to
Likewise I save the UTube videos as a shortcut in one of my folders. Since I also tie at my PC desk I can watch a video stopping any where when I need to catch up. Can you imagine a fly fisherman from the past reading our comments wondering what language that we're speaking.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

what they wouldnt understand rss feeds and youtube videos???? Sly

MacFly Cool

...."May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing"

Copyright © 1996-2015 First Light Net All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
First Light Net, a trademark of Predatorial Advertising Associates, L.L.C.
SEO By Infront Webworks - Colorado Springs, Co