Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing Forum : Freshwater Fishing General >

Night Fishing Light

Bass Fishing Lure
fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Night Fishing Light
Was looking at buying a few of these for my fishing buddies www.bosshead-lite.com Anyone else try them. I wanted to make sure they were a durable product

Re: [Guest] Night Fishing Light In reply to
those look like kind of a neat idea, but ive never tried them. hopefully someone here has experience with them. (as far as there brightness and durability)

personally i use a petzl LED headlamp when im fishing in the dark. it is super efficient on batteries, light weight, and very bright. my brother uses a browning headlamp, which he paid a little more for. its brighter than mine, but other than that my petzl is fine.

it will be interesting to see if anyone has use these LED hats that youve linked us to. if so, how do they stack up to a petzl, or other brands of LED lights?

thanks for posting the question! i hope you'll take the time to register with bft! (or log in if that is why youre coming through as "guest")

Hey there guest. I haven't tried that light but it sure looks good. I have several of the other headband type and even some that clip on the visor of my hat. That one looks like a good one.

Please feel free to register here as well. I'm sure you would really like this site if you stayed around for awhile.

Just click on the link in my post for "New User Registration".

It will guide you through the painless process of registration and don't forget to answer back on the verification email.Cool

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports

If you get some let us know what you think. If they are decent we would be intrested in doing some iwth the BFT logo.

Get a static 468 x 60 banner is this forum, Click Here for Fishing Banner Ads

Mike H
BFT Staff

Re: [theangler] Night Fishing Light In reply to
it might be handy or at least convenient BUT is it better to have just that one or a full four led each as bright as that one... thats a serious question though which do you feel would be better

Re: [soloone87] Night Fishing Light In reply to
I have the four led and its a great light!

Get a static 468 x 60 banner is this forum, Click Here for Fishing Banner Ads

Mike H
BFT Staff

Re: [theangler] Night Fishing Light In reply to
I like those lights. I have one that has the 4 white L E Ds and the other side of the switch turns on 2 red L E Ds. Those are awesome for using on the overnighters or even any type of night fishing.

I can even use it to find my way to the kitchen to get water at night.Cool

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot

Re: [tubeN2] Night Fishing Light In reply to
i use my headlamp while camping to go to the boys room. before i had that some nights involved a lot of tripping and cussing!

I have the Petzle Zipka head lamp with the four LED lights and 3 brightness settings plus a strobe. I prefer these cause you can buy the optional lens covers. Night fishing on rivers with a white light is just gonna spook the fish, so I use the red lens cover. Nice and small, light weight and I love the retractable head, wrist, neck elastic band.
I also have the baseball cap bill single LED with magnifiers for tying flies on at night. The little light on this is removeable.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG http://utahflygoddess.blogspot.com/
http://www.utahflydrifters.com/guides/profiles.htm

Re: [flygoddess] Night Fishing Light In reply to
ive never tried the red lights... of course, i dont fly fish at night either! does the red light attract bugs as bad as the white lights? thats the one thing i hate about night fishing!

last year my brothers were floating the green A section here in utah at night. (they do it 4 or 5 times a year) they had there head lamps and floated within about 10 yards of a cougar taking a drink! luckily the lights spooked the cat! would red lights do that! LOL

seriously though, i'll have to give my brothers the red light tip... maybe it will improve their night fly fishing! (although they already do great!)

thanks a lot, bkidder
(This post was edited by bkidder on Mar 1, 2007, 9:17 PM)

You are truly amazing Sista. Tying those little #30s at night time!!

I need to submit you to the World record committee. I know that isn't the smallest fly but it could be the smallest fly at night.Cool

The heck with lights, you need some of these. lol

-ben
(This post was edited by theangler on Dec 17, 2012, 12:01 PM)

No 30's at night. Just big black bugs. On stillwater I will wear the white headlight. I haven't noticed any bugs LOL

I got 2 princeton tech head lamps 3 led light uses 3 aaa batteries and has 3 or 4 different lighting modes. Works great for everything from fishing to camping. Cabelas has them on sale for 15 bucks

I bet the REAL reason you have that set-up is the strobe feature--it's a sad day when you have to disco even while fishing...Tongue

"One man's fish is another man's poisson"

Re: [bdn06] Night Fishing Light In reply to
LMAO Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!Wink

I prefer Rod-N-Bobb's Beacon.
they have three models. I prefer the battery opperated ones, but wont kick on the light stick ones, lights and battery styles are interchangable.

Lucky Jack Bell-Battery Combo
LJ-5005-BBC $3.97

Bell Lightstick Combo
W-BC3007B $3.97

I use these styles both summer and winter... Good deal on the ice so I can be a 120 feet away form my line and wont miss the action....

cabella's carries them as dose gander mountain and bass pro.

what I like most about these little dingalings is their light weight and how they mount to the rod, means I can set the hook with out tossing my bell in to the woods behind me...

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !
(This post was edited by davetclown on Mar 5, 2007, 9:11 PM)

You all have to look at the Night III's LED blacklight for night fishing. It's AWESOME! I saw it at Bass Pro and it's only $49.95. It fits in your tackle box and it makes you line glow like a rope at night. You can see it at www.niteiiis.com. Check it out.

Funny you mention line glowing. I have a floating fly line that glows in the dark. I can charge it up with a little $16. UV flash light. A lot of fun but have to use real long leaders.

Guest wrote:
Was looking at buying a few peimar lighting of these for my fishing buddies www.bosshead-lite.com Anyone else try them. I wanted to make sure they were a durable product

I have recently got some led lights will share pics next time
(This post was edited by Keithjenkins on Dec 13, 2012, 1:34 AM)

Re: [Keithjenkins] Night Fishing Light In reply to
How are those LED lights working for you? I hear good things about them from others..

Re: [sinergy] Night Fishing Light In reply to
Here's mine its preety good
see for yourself,its a single led bulb with High and Low

Rayovac Indestructible 35 Lumen Headlight with Batteries

A Bass a Day Keeps the Doctor Away..
Protect Florida's natural resources recycle and Fish for the Future!
(This post was edited by Paulpro on Dec 17, 2012, 6:56 PM)

Re: [Paulpro] Night Fishing Light In reply to
Last year, I picked up an LED headlamp from Energizer for only about ten bucks. It clicks on with a red light (to protect your night vision) and then subsequent pushes on the switch give you a flood, then a spot and then both flood and spot. They get progressively brighter as you go. I love it.

They've changed the design slightly for the current model, but it ought to still be great. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/...Lights/dp/B000BQOVLW

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: [RockyRaab] Night Fishing Light In reply to
I like the life time gurantee!
Looks comfy and light weightSmile
Nothing beats the energizer bunny

A Bass a Day Keeps the Doctor Away..
Protect Florida's natural resources recycle and Fish for the Future!