Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing Forum : Freshwater Fishing General >

New world record Largemouth Bass

Bass Fishing Lure
fishing
(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: tube.....we need to go fishing...... In reply to
Dying to catch monster LG Mouth..........

Will trade trout fishing in southwest wisconsin in return......

Strict catch and release............is too strict for me.........it is the same extreme as strict catch and kill.....middle ground is way to go!

FOR SURE would keep one big Largie for wall...........only one.....largies taste nasty..........

Yes you can mount and eat your catch..

http://www.troutadventures.net/
http://lenharris.blogspot.com

Re: [spinner] tube.....we need to go fishing...... In reply to
how .. about.. eating the fish.. first.. then mount it.. ?

Re: [m_t_creel] New world record Largemouth Bass.. ans In reply to
you've got my curosity?

a 208 pound sucker?!!!

that sound a bit longer than a boar oar, and tend to question any thing longer than a boat oar... lol

I need more spicifics. what species is this fish and where was it caught? (I dont Need your secreat fishing hole, just general location ... ie state country ect....)

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !

Re: [davetclown] New world record Largemouth Bass.. ans In reply to
dave.. the last suucker i caought, was shorter than, an oar.. weighed only 166 lbs.. it struck within minutes, after i made my cast.. i even, make/spin, my own yarn, used as a leader.. tied to the tale lure.. my favorite fishing places, are watering holes.. with lots of suckers, of different sizes.. of recent, have made a few casts, into the bft lake/pool.. they are much harder, to catch.. maybe - wiser - smarter... ?

I love hearing about the adventure thanks...

I would like to know what species the sucker is.

the ones we have here in mi wouldnt if pass as a minno compaired to a 166 pounder. as a matter of fact a 4 pounder is a wapper by michingan standards....

we have red horse white hors long nose and short nose. 20 inches is a bragger any day of the week when it comes to suckers in mi.

where did you land him? dont be spicific, state or country will sufice.

Dave

Re: [davetclown] New world record Largemouth Bass.. ans In reply to
dave..

i did a lot of research, in the archives of many marine, investigative, organizations and companies.. the general consensous, of all of the project researches.. was that, the latin name/title.. for the sucker's specie, is - homo sapian..

live long.. learn a lot...

LOL , YA HOOKED THIS SUCKER , I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING , WHERE DO YOU GET THEM THAT BIG AT ??????
WATERING HOLE DID IT ! COUGHT A FEW THERE MYSELF , THE LAST ONE WAS A KEEPER !
NOW , FOR A SUCKER (FISH )
I HAD ME A STATE RECORD ONE FOR SURE , AND ANOTHER ANGLER TOSSED IT BACK IN ON ME . LOST THE FISH BUT MADE A NEW FRIEND . DEFFINATLY A GOOD TRADE OFF .

Nature is better with butter .

Re: [record . sucker.. ans In reply to
hi lone.. hope i didn't tick too many guys, off.. ! there were several clues exposed, early on.. )) .. haven't heard from dave.. he sort of started it all.. he probably, has a big club, waiting for me to appear!! (maybe you were the only one, who got the gist..) ..

you guys, actually catch, the lunkers.. line breakers.. hook benders.. me? i have to fantacise, a little.. )) share my "stories"... ha ha..

i haven't had any replies to, my inquiry about the ACTION ROD CO.. i think they were made in michigan.. it was a subsidary, of a larger co., of unrelated products..

here's a real, lollipop.. for ya!!

lol, ya got this one, hook line and sinker.

remind me to tell you about the 4 foot groudhog I shot a couple years back.Sly

Dave

Re: [davetclown] groundhog.. ans In reply to
dave.. sorry, to have misled you... )) .. good grief!! a 4 ft groundhog!! was it measured from, it's nose, to the tip of the tail.. did you ever eat, groundhog?**.. delicious..

you live, in michigan? have you ever heard of the - ACTION ROD CO. ? (for real!).. i think it was in MI .. a subsidiary of a larger co. that, might have, the word.. "wheel" in iit's name?.. i am really, going, back into time..

have a goood.. sunday!!

**.. aren't ALL .. hogs.. ground.. bound? Sly

Re: [Matt] New world record Largemouth Bass In reply to
Laugh Matt, I'm sorry, lol, but you need to read a little more about bass and the world record before you make any more ridiculous statements. LOL It is worth way more than a million dollars, and not just from the Big Bass Record Club, which is out of business, and doesn't even exist. LOLCool
http://skguides.proboards20.com
Steve and Kurt vonBrandt/S&K Guide Service/Professional Bass Guides
Bearpaws/Yamamoto Baits/Link's Marine
S&K Trophy Bass Site
1998, 99, and 2001 Big Bass World Champs/De
Redman/BFL regional qualifiers
N.A.F.C. "Hall Of Fame"
www.skguideservice.com
(This post was edited by SKG on Dec 16, 2003, 12:02 PM)

Re: [m_t_creel] [record . sucker.. ans In reply to
dave's a pretty good guy and he takes a good joke pretty well . he's been pretty busy latley . dave's a true sportsman heavely active in protecting not only our sportsmans rights but that of the disabled , our children , and the environment . there's more too, byt it would take a month or so to list everything he dose .

he really is a clown thou , and dose a lot of classes and fishing tournaments for kids !

as i was reading your posts i hadent realized i too had been hooked with curosity as to where the suckers could be cought , i only had to look in the mirror , lol !

you have a great gift there , but you've gotten my courosity again , you don't or can't fish , only fantacise ?

Re: [lonehunter] [record . sucker.. fishing.. ans In reply to
lone.. yes.. i like to fish & eat certain species.. i used to live on the miss. river, for almost 15 yrs.. at lock and dam, no. 19 .. fished with next door neighbor.. had the best of everything.. he had a 16' jon boat, with a new 40 hp evenrude.. he refurbished the boat with live well, bait well, etc.. his pride and joy.. fished 1 to 3x a week, the 4 seasons.. mostly for walleye and sauger.. occasionally cats.. (or, whatever was nibbling.).. caught a lot of fish.. lasted 10-11 yrs..

every thing came to an abrupt halt.. one afternoon in late august, he complained ofa dull, persistent ache in lower abdomen.. loaded the boat, went home.. he had many tests & exams.. diagnosed in late october, as pancreatic cancer.. he died, the 2nd week in january.. since that date, i never fished again in that area.. didn't want to, go on the river, with my small boat and motor..

i moved, where i live now, 6 yrs ago, this month.. live 12 miles, from the largest lake in iowa.. 45 miles from the 2nd largest, (cleanest) lake.. the closest lake has crappie slabs.. plus, lots of other species.. i haven't been fishing, since i moved here.. have good intentions.. always seems like, there are things around home to do, more important..?? before i moved, bought a used 15 hp evinrude, for my 14 ft, vee bottom boat.. havent mounted/ran, the engine. duhhhhh.. my intentions, for this spring, are to fish.. fish.. !! the tasks can wait.. !!

sorry to be long winded.. just sharing my fishing.. neglect..

Re: [m_t_creel] [record . sucker.. fishing.. ans In reply to
almost the same story here .

i moved 250 miles away from detroit 4 years ago and left my fishing buddy behind . years of working in the virginia cole mines and the detroit coke ovens at the steel plants took there toll on his lungs . i saw the gradual changes on my visits down there . the wife came to work one day , broke the news to me . i finished the day out like normal , but it took me a couple hours to drive the 20 minute ride home . lets just say i had blurred vision and leave it at that .

getting out there without my buddy just ain't the same , but i've found that he's never really gone . i think about all the trips we've had together and get a chuckel or to from memories of some of our fishing follys .

he may not be with me in body while i'm fishing now , but i tell you i can sometimes swear i can hear him asking me if i was "gonna stand there jabbering my jaws or fish ?"

you just can't replace long time fishing buddys like that but you can make new buddys to pass on the experiance . it takes time , trial and error to find a good mach , but there out there . we ain't gonna find them sitting at home thou ,

i got luckey this fall , met bassass on the michigan board . he lives kinda far away but we can spend all day fishing and the trip feels like it only lasted an hour or so .

i'de say get that motor ready , sharpen the hooks and get out there , the first few trips might be a little disapointing but you might run into some shore fisherman who would enjoy getting out on the lake . that's all it take sometimes to land a new fishing buddy .

your pal musta been quite a guy .

Re: [SKG] New world record Largemouth Bass In reply to
the club dose exist and the prize is 8 mill.

check out this link

8 million dollar bass

you will also be privied to see what the largemouth bass record is for your state.

I guess that makes you only half right.... lol...

its a good thing we have not just seasoned pro's to handle the misgivings of our guest but to keep every one updated on what is available in the world of fishing. and best of all you can find it all here at bigfishtackle.com, we have members from all corners of the globe. many pro's, lots of guides not to mention our mods here who were weened on fish scalesSly

Dave

(This post was edited by davetclown on Dec 17, 2003, 6:43 AM)

Re: [davetclown] New world record Largemouth Bass In reply to
I am a member of the BBRC and received a letter in the mail last week, with a refund check for $25.00, and a complete explanation of why they are not going to be able to continue with the club. The State Record for Delaware is 10.5 pounds, caught by a liar in 1980, in a 5 acre pond, in December, where no other big bass over 5 1/2 lbs.was ever caught, right at the time when it was frozen, and was most likely just getting back from Florida from vacation. The state didn't verify them at the time with a biologist, he just registered it at a local tackle dealer, on what were in my opinion, questionable scales. And I am in Bass Pro Shops Master Catalog, on page 90, with the closest thing anyone has caught to a state record here since that supposed 10.5 lb bass. Mine was 10.16, 4 ounces off the state record, LOL, it was verified, in the Newspaper, in Bassmaster magazine, and several other regional publications, and it was released alive. LOL That makes me 100 % right. LOL Want a copy of the letter from the BBRC? No, actually, I think my secretary threw it out, but I'll check. Just call them. Steve Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Steve and Kurt vonBrandt/S&K Guide Service/Professional Bass Guides
Bearpaws/Yamamoto Baits/Link's Marine
S&K Trophy Bass Site
1998, 99, and 2001 Big Bass World Champs/De
Redman/BFL regional qualifiers
N.A.F.C. "Hall Of Fame"
www.skguideservice.com
(This post was edited by SKG on Dec 17, 2003, 8:23 AM)

Re: [davetclown] New world record Largemouth Bass In reply to
WAIT A MINUTE ! You meen there's people out there that have never tasted fish scales ????????Crazy
oh , they don't know what there missing , yummy yummy in my tummy !Cool

Re: [SKG] New world record Largemouth Bass In reply to
I just checked on their web site and see that they just updated today the 17 December 2003 <---- click on link

it is cool being reconized for catching a wopper (state record even if it is just for the current year) , that's the stuff ledgeons are made of ...lol....

Dave

Re: [lonehunter] [record . sucker.. fishing.. ans In reply to
Sorry to hear about your losses guys. I haven't had that happen and hopefully won't. At least not any time soon. I hope to be able to go fishing with my brother soon. Fishing was a huge hobby of his before he got locked up. He would always take his kids. I was hoping to go visit him one summer in Oregon and fish with him for the weekend but it never happened. Hopefully it will soon.

Lonehunter, you've got a great idea. It's an idea that has gone through my mind many times while shore fishing. I'll be standing there, hoping not to get tangled in the weeds as I watch someone getting their boat in the water by themselves, tying up the boat while parking the truck and trailer, and then taking off to fish by themselves. Many times I wished one of them would just ask me to join them. Not only would it be a great show of friendliness but it's also a good safety precaution.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.

> >