Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing Forum : Freshwater Fishing General >

HELP ME !!!

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
HELP ME !!!
I need help. I'm 14 and don't know much about fishin but I love it. Theres lots of differnet lures and such to choose from, and i don't know which ones to get. I'am mostly interested in Bass fishin. Can some one direct me some good sites to help me.

Thanks a bunch
Re: [Guest] HELP ME !!! In reply to
CoolThis will be the best site on the web to get the information you are looking for, just ask a question and everyone here will help you, and they will guide you to everything and anything you may need.
Hello Guest,

What state are you fishing out of and what are your local waterways like?

Gives us a bit more info (as much as you can think of) and we'll hook you up with all kinds of good info.

Get a static 468 x 60 banner is this forum, Click Here for Fishing Banner Ads

Mike H
BFT Staff
HELLO ,FIRST , ASK YOUR PARENTS PERMISSION AND HAVE THEM LOOK THE SITE OVER , YES , WE ARE VERY CONCERNED THAT OUR SITE STAYS KID FRENDLY .

ONCE THEY GIVE THE O.K. , JUST CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW AND REGESTER , IT CAN GET YOU INTO THE FREE PRISES AND CONTESTS WE HOLD ALL THE TIME , YES WE GIVE AWAY FISHING GEAR !

ONCE REGISTERED , YOU CAN SEE THEM .

AFTER THAT , GO ON OVER TO THE MICHIGAN BOARD AND ASK BASSASS , HE'S A TOURNAMENT BASS FISHERMAN AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF ! I'VE SEEN HIM PUT BIG BASS BACK IN THE LAKE THAT I MYSELF WOULD HAVE TURNED INTO WALL MOUNTS !

Nature is better with butter .
Hey there Guest, Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. Please take the time to register with full benefits of membership. It is fast and free. Please let us know where you are from so that we can help you a little bit better.

Different bodies of water and different water conditions behave differently in every state. There are some similarities from state to another but like I said, the water conditions and time of day will make a difference no matter what you are using to fish with.

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports
Re: [lonehunter] HELP ME !!! In reply to
This is GUEST. I'm registered now, i fish at lakes in kansas.
Re: [kansasfisher89] HELP ME !!! In reply to
First of all, let me welcome you. Secondly I'd like to suggest that you get some types of plastics for fishing bass. You need to get senko's, AA's or maybe some of the other brands of plastic worms. Check with your local sporting goods or tackle shop as to what colors are working in your area.

If in doubt, the pumpkin seed color is working in many places across the nation right now. Or go with the crawdad colors.

Just hook them up with the Carolina style, Texas style or Whacky rig style. You can't go wrong. Let me know if you need anymore advice. I will be glad to help you.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Re: [tubeN2] HELP ME !!! In reply to
thanks tubeN2, i already have some yommamato lures I haven't used them yet probably won't till spring
The yamamotos are also good. There are many brands out there to choose from. But your best bet is mostly plastics. In the spring time you may want to get into some topwate action. Like buzzbaits, spinners and poppers.

Like I said before, the colors will vary from state to state and lake to lake.

Please feel free to come back and ask if you have any questions. I also do alot of bass fishing so keep an eye out on the CA board when the spring fling starts to roll.

I look forward to reading your fishing reports as well. Try those on the KS board. This board is more for advice. We do have another board for Tricks and Tips. Feel free to cruise around the site and check everything out. I'm sure you will like it.

that's cool , glad you could join Smile.

first , click on this for a surprise ! http://www.magscentral.com/fs/bigfishtackle/

i go to the lakes around my house and fish alot , it seems there are two times each day that the bass cruse around the shoreline , early morning and in the evening . take about a week of steady all day fishing and write down in a small note book the time when each type of fish starts to bite and for how long . you will get there patterns down quickley and will know the exact time to get there for the bass .

in the spring i use small lead head jigs with a twister tail grub on them . the best colors are red and white , yellow , and white . i cast out , let them sink to the bottom , and reel and twitch the lure in (bounce it along the bottom ) untill the fish hits .

don't forget to stop by the michigan board and ask for a few tips from bassass , you can click on his signature to see how his bass club is doing . he uses tube baits alot and gets the big bass .

Hey lonehunter, as soon as spring hits, I'm going to be better with my manners. I will introduce Torpedo Tommy to the rest of the site. Even the newcomers are eligible to meet him.

i'm taking a stab in the dark about it , but if your doing what i think you are , well that will be great CoolCoolCool.

Take a look at my posts from Castaic Lake. There is some good explanations about Tommy. He is like my Catfish Hunter is to the Grumpy old men. ha ha. He will be available for a kodak moment this spring.

Smile Hey it's nice to see someone from Kansas on here. I fish cederbluff, clark state fishing lake and a few others once in awhile. Blue fleck, pumpkinseed, and crawdad colored worms, chartruse and chartruse & white spinner baits, and baby bass patterned crank baits work pretty well for bass last year. What lakes are you going to fish?
www.kansasoutlaws.com
Well how about that. I told you someone would come along to give you some good, sound, local advice. Good luck in your preparation and thanks fyshrman for coming to the rescue. Happy Fishing.

i have one of those fish too , a large brown trout , i mean really large !

he sits between two fast currents and topfeeds in the still water . nothing that anyone offers to him is accepted , he's a big tease .

one day thou , i'll get him Cool

Tongue Welcome to the BFT, kansasfisher89!

Don't let those other guys steer you wrong... there are some better fish to target in Kansas than the lowly green-lipped linesides carpsucker.

If you really have to, any good catfish rod & reel can be used to chase a carpsucker occasionally, but don't make a habit of it. Those wonderful kitty fish will soon turn up their noses at it.

Kansas has more fish to offer than linesides, but they make good kitty-fish bait!
In Reply To:
thanks tubeN2, i already have some yommamato lures I haven't used them yet probably won't till spring
Fisherman
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

So work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching.

Your Oklahoma Message Board Moderator

Let's Go Fishin!

(This post was edited by tkishkape on Feb 12, 2004, 3:29 PM)

Hey there Kansas,

I'm 14 too! Haven't decided it that's my IQ or my mental age! Welcome to BFT!

As said already, great to have another Kansas angler. We have the High Sierra's here in California and I was wondering how they compare to your high-altitude, ice-cold trout lakes?

All questions welcome.

JapanRon
Re: [JapanRon] HELP ME !!! In reply to
Laugh JapanRon:

You ain't never been in Kansas, have you....

Good laugh, though....
Fisherman

So work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching.

Let's Go Fishin!

Re: [tkishkape] HELP ME !!! In reply to
Hey! I agree there is great cat fishing in Kansas. I don't discriminate I give all fish equal opportunity to get on my hook. I just enjoy targeting the bucketmouth.
www.kansasoutlaws.com
Re: [fyshrmn] HELP ME !!! In reply to
Blush I'll have to admit that I used to chase those linesides on the B.A.S.S. Tournament Trail.. back in the late '70's. After a few years and a bad case of "Bass Rod Elbow", I opted for the more laid-back techniques of rod-n-reel catfishing.

Linesides are pretty predictable whereas the kitties are often fickle and more difficult to fool... Now I can catch the kitties whenever I want to, not whenever I get lucky enough to find them. Like B@$$ fishing, you must learn the habits of the fish under varying conditions. If I don't get a hit within 15 minutes of casting out, I move to another place.
Fisherman

Let's Go Fishin!