Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worm syringe
got some worms, and a syringe to blow the worms up with air before
attaching to my hook.
If I get pulled over and the cops ask why I have a syringe,I'll just have to tell them that it's for injecting worms with air. can't tell you if I would be able to keep a straight face while explaining that.
you think they'll believe me, or should I make up another story?
[signature]
I think if you tell them the truth, you'll be fine. You may have to show them how it works. Just keep it in your tackle box dude.

My next question is, why in the world would you want to inflate a night crawler? I under stand the concept of getting them to float, or submerge off the bottom. But, I you rig your bait properly, I don't see the advantage what so ever.

Sounds like one of those coffee shop rumors of the golden ages, that is suppose to give you some sort of unfair advantage, but it really doesn't work any better than a standard rig.
[signature]
neither,

bass pro sells a air pump bottle for inflating worms.

it is a neadle attached to an eye dropper sized plastic bottle with a pic of a worm on the bottle.

and truthfuly, a styrofome bead attached to the head of the hook or on the line next to the hook works far better, and you dont have to change the worm quite as often....
[signature]
just keep it hidin and dont let them search your tackle box, if they do find it be honest and i think you would be alright.
[signature]
And all the more reason to keep the REAL drugs out of your tackle box. If they're gonna check ya - starts with the license, then the catch, then the bait, then the breath... [shocked]

I'm joking (I hope) as I've always had good encounters with the DNR folks, and I appreciate they are out there doing it.
Show 'em your license, and then start asking about how to fish, and what for. If anyone's gonna know whats hitting - it's them, cuz they are out there asking folks.

I've got some new locations to try the same old Walleye techniques that I've yet to make work. But came from a DNR stop (down the road from you - even - wormsinker!)

As for wormblowers: I've tried 'em, I can see how they make a worm look fatter, and float for a while. But I rarely work with whole worms, and if I do - I've learned to 'spoil' one end and let the juices flow. It's hard to inflate the worm without poking in one side and out the other - unless you have fat worms. AND if you have fat worms you don't need to inflate them. Kinda a Catch-22.
A syringe could be trouble if an officer is looking for one as it is always considered drug paraphernalia. [Image: scaredworried.gif]

Worm puffer bottles work well and have a cap so you don't accidentally poke yourself or clog the end.

Worms are cellular so you can open one end up and or impale it with a hook and other cells will still hold air. I don't fish with worms without adding air. [fishin]
[signature]