Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Offroading >

What kind of ATV do you have

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
What kind of ATV do you have
I have two Kawie's a 99 300 praire full time 4 wheel drive and a 99 220 Bayue two wheel drive for my lady. We use them all the time not just for riding on trails but also around the house for yard work and pulling stump with the winch. NY is short on trail systems but we are able to ride on powerlines and there are plenty of back yard trails.Our neighboring state of Mass. has a number of good trails that are supported by the state. We ride there when we have our quads registered in that state as well as NY.We use the 33 for ice fishing around Nys as well, that really takes the drugery out of a great day on the ice.
For deer hunting we don't have to drag our kill out anymore, what a back saver. We also use the winch to raise our two person tree stand up the tree. All inall this was monies well spent. There is so much you can do with a quad.

Chief

Re: [chiefpanfish] What kind of ATV do you have In reply to
Hey there chief,

I recently spent a week or so in Idaho, deer hunting and some of the time we used quads, I was using a Kodiac 400. I'm 36 and this was the first time I had ever driven a quad, MAN, those things are sweet. Them things go anywhere and do anything (within reason) unless you get stupid and gravity or the laws of physics one up you. I don't own one but that trip got me concidering getting one. The fishing holes and hunting spots it could get me to???????

Take Care

David

(This post was edited by Powermaker on Oct 16, 2004, 7:11 AM)

I have a kawa prarie 400 and a bayou 220 for the kids. I really enjoy using it to get to my favorite fishing holes and for some hardcore riding. We make a yearly trip to Moab Ut to tear up some jeep trails. we are heading out next weekend to try out some high difficulty trails. some times we have to rope up to keep the machines from rolling but what a rush!! Here is a couple photos from last years trip. Chicken.

I had a '97 yamaha RT 180 motorcycle, kinda along the lines of the old honda trials bikes, it was a 2-stroker, in almost perfect shape, i got it for a steal because the guys wife didnt like riding it, but alas some kind and generoys person realized that it didnt mean all that much to me so they took it upon their selfs to relieve me of it in the middle of the night, just bearly over a year ago. I hope to get it back again one day, but i am sure that it wouldnt be even worth a dime if i ever see it again, because i know that the kind person wouldnt have taken as good of care of it as i did.

I would like to get me a suzuki vincent 500 but as a poor starving college student its not going to happen anytime soon, unless i get a inheartance from a great-aunt that i dont know about.

PS. chicken the pics dont work

DO NOT CLICK

Re: [chickenlicken] What kind of ATV do you have In reply to
Gotta love the moab ridin'.. Where specifically do you enjoy the most? It almost looks like the Kane creek area in your photos.. Of course 99% of moab area looks the same with all the red rocks. Ever try the rim trail overlooking castle valley? Awesome ride.

p.s. forgot to add what kind of atv: Honda 450 es..

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"
(This post was edited by BEARCLAW on Nov 9, 2004, 10:44 AM)

CoolCoolCoolCool My Daughter gave me a set of heated hand grips for my praire 3oo for my B- day last summer I put them on this past weekend. Boy are they sweet, they feel good as standard grips and when you turn them on they are toasty warm I won't mind long rides out on the ice this year.

Chief

Re: [BEARCLAW] What kind of ATV do you have In reply to
you're right that is kane creek. we rode a bunch of trails. steel bender, moab rim, metal masher, 7 mile rim, etc. they are pretty tough rides, not for the faint of heart. It is truly amazing what those machines will do. Where exactly is the rim trail you are talking about? we have done most of the toughest jeep trails with the exception of pritchett and behind the rocks trails. were thinking of a spring ride but may have to hit some easier trails since we will be taking my son, who is a little less experienced. Chicken.

Re: [chickenlicken] What kind of ATV do you have In reply to
We call it the porcupine rim trail. My favorite way to ride it is from the upper end of the "loop road". Just north of town (moab) you'll head north east up the colorado river corridor. approx 17 miles up that road you'll turn right at the Castle Valley turn off. Approx 8 miles up that road and your at the loop road turn off, go right again and you'll start heading back south along the face of the LaSals. Head about 4 miles and you'll see several dirt roads jutting off the north side of the road. These road join together and run the rim above castle valley and looking out towards castle rock. Hope I haven't lost ya.. Pm me if you want more details.

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"