Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Offroading >

Need advice on 4 wheelers

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Need advice on 4 wheelers
Has anyone ever owned a kamikazee,icon,kazuma 4wheeler? I am just curious to how they compare in durability to honda,suzuki,polaris,kawasaki,yamaha and artic cat.I know price wise they are way cheaper but are they worth it?

Re: [ocean] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
never even heard of them where they made at ?

Jon Chapman
Ice Team Power Stick
www.iceteam.com

Re: [1iceman] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
They are made in china. And as he can now vouch for the bikes and 4wheelers for that matter are not as durable as the major brands. He bought a motorcycle form one of these companys. The engine is good running and fairly strong, but the frame has broken in less then a year.

DO NOT CLICK

Re: [fish4fish] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
You get what you pay for. Look at side by side with a real quad next to it and then make your decision. Can you see it run? Does the motor look like it is going to jiggle itself out? How do those welds look? I am not even a mechanic or know anything about welding but in between my bike and one of those Chinese ones you can tell the difference. The materials and shape of the materials the frame are constructed of also may look different. It could work well for a long time if you know how to fix stuff and weld/rigg it back together. It also depends on what your purposes are. If you want to ride around the camp ground it will be great. If you want to go out into the wilderness for miles away where you don't really know where you going because it is new trail that was connected to this other new trail way back there and so on then no way. Unless you have some one to tow you home with you riding with you. I cannot personally vouch for this particularly name but this is my experience with what I have seen of the Chinese bikes. They could be to test out if you really like to ride. When you buy a bike you also have to have a trailer or truck that will suck gas. Riding is not a cheap thing to do. I have rode the dog crap out of my 450r since 05 when I bought it new and its still running wheelies up the dunes. I havent had to do anything exepct regular maintence either. I think every dollar is worth it. Just like fishing. It may even take a little time up of your fishing time too.

this is all just my .02 and ramble about atvs

Re: [lvrider] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
I always stick w/ Yamaha

Re: [fishfighter34] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
I bought a 2009 Sportsman 500 X2 and love it! I'm just saying...

Re: [Wombat911] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to

I have an o4 articat 400, and have been happy with mine since day one. one of my better investments. Mine seems to be built like a tank and acts like a tactor. I use mine for plowing my subdivision roads 5 seasons now.

Fished a honda out of the lake 75 yards out the next day after I brought it home.

I only get 35 mph on flat snow covered ice before it starts to worbble, but I think that is fast enuff... lol

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !

(This post was edited by davetclown on Oct 21, 2009, 9:27 AM)

Re: [ocean] Need advice on 4 wheelers In reply to
If you believe the gas pumping misconceptions out there, there are some tips for pumping gas that make a big difference. While some of them may bear some weight, the truth is that there are few secrets regarding how you can pump gasoline. Here they are, and many of them are safety-related. You can buy car lease that will help you save on gasoline. There are still a lot of ways in which you can save a lot of money from buying fuel or gas for your car. Instead of riding your car to your work, you can also try commuting or riding public transportation and you will be able to save a lot of your savings.