Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Offroading >

my truck

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
my truck
I got my truck for my birthday last month i helped pay for it with money i had in the bank. I'm 15 so i got my restricted. It's a 88' GMC Sirrea 4X4. I haven't took it muddin yet
Re: [kansasfisher89] my truck In reply to
You'll never forget your first 4x4. I have alot of good memorys of off roading in my 69 half cab Bronco. Have fun, take a friend.Smile

Fishemen will change the future! Your NC. moderator and sometime CT.

Be Green-Buy Fur

congrats on your purchace, i agree take a friend along, they make good pushers. First you may want to start with smaller mud holes till you get a feel for what the truck can handle then move your way up. and dont over-rev your engine, i worked in a mechanics shop and I saw 2 chevs with the 350 come in that had been over-reved it bent the lifters, it is an easy fix but not a cheap one.

But good luck you wont regret your purchace, i am still driving my first 4X4 a '91 suzuki that can go further in 2wd then most in 4wd because it is so light and small.

DO NOT CLICK
hey have fun with your truck but remember to give the under carraige a good washin after playing in the mud. dried mud can do some damage to you tires if it rubs on them long enough. it can also jam your linkage. not to metion it shur sucks if you hafta get under your truck to work on it.
Once you own a 4x4, you'll never want to own a 2 wheel drive again. Even if you dont use it offroad, its still nice to have in bad weather, and its great for wet boat ramps.

Congrats Smile