Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Website & Message Board Help >

How to use the "Inline" option when...

fishing
Report Post |  
     How to use the "Inline" option when adding Pictures to your post

I'm sure you all have noticed the "InLine" option when you attach a file to a post. Seems like everyone checks the box just because it's there, not really knowing what it does. Heres it's purpose.

Remember, all pictures inserted into the body of the post must be 400 pixels max width. All pictures over 400 pixels wide may/will be deleted from the post.

When you upload an attachment, like a picture, you can check the box and click upload attachment and then once it reloads you can click the picture frame on the toolbar and it will paste the picture. It makes it easier so you don't have to edit your post and then paste the picture.

If you are not going to load the attachment into the body of your post than the InLine option is serving no purpose. One of the side effects of using the InLine option is that it does not allow a lot of people to see the attachment. Why? Who knows. I guess it's a computer thing or firewall thing or...So if you do not plan to put your attachment into the body of your post as described above, PLEASE DO NOT CHECK THE INLINE BOX if you want everyone to see it.

Details for using it as described by the Old Coot:
  1. First I "attached" four pics making sure that each one had it's "Inline" box checked during the attaching process.
  2. Next I went ahead and began writing the body of my post.
  3. As I wrote, I would come to a place where I would want one of the pics to appear. With the cursor at that spot I would click on the little image icon button (the button looks like a miniature mountain sceen). A small dialogue box pops up prompting you to select either an Image Location or an Inline Image. Clicking the radio button next to "Inline Image" would then display the four pics I had previously "attached" with the inline feature.
  4. I then just simply clicked the radio button next to the pic I wanted to display and then click on the Submit button and … wallaaa … the picture shows up there.

I would continue writing my post and repeating steps 3 and 4 for each pic.

Hope this helps.

http://www.KokaneeFishingForum.com

Checkout http://www.KokaneeTackle.com for all your Tackle needs
Report Post |  
     Image Resizing Tool In reply to
Attached below (BFTImageResizerSetup.msi) is a program I wrote to resize images appropriately for posts and avatars. If you are running a PC with Windows, it allows you to right-click on a picture and resize it.

After it has been downloaded and installed, “right-click” on a picture in Windows Explorer or on your Desktop and you will see an option called “Resize Image for BFT” in the context menu that pops-up.

Click on it and it will let you choose between creating an image 400 pixels wide (for a post) or 150 pixels wide (for an avatar).

After picking one of the options, it will create a copy of the image sized appropriately.

For the program to run, you must have the .NET Framework installed on your PC. If you are running Vista you already have it. If you are running Windows XP and are regularly installing the updates from Microsoft, then you probably have it. If you don’t know if you have it, try installing the program. If you don’t have it, it will tell you were to get it.

If anyone finds something that should be changed or added, let me know.