Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Website & Message Board Help >

Lack of Spell check

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Lack of Spell check
I have somehow lost the auto spell check. That little red line under mis-spelled wordz. Just checking, still no red line! If I hit the "Check Spelling" button it takes awhile and some words are not available. Here is the kicker, Everything works fine on Firefox just not on IE7. I know, just use Firefox. I still would like to know what happened and can I change it???
Re: [bendopolo] Lack of Spell check In reply to
it dosnt show the mistakes in the post, insted it has the word in red with red under line up in the gray box under the photo gallery link...

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [davetclown] Lack of Spell check In reply to
Only after I hit the "Check Spelling" button. Not long ago a red underline showed up under unrecognized words and misspelled ones. 1 click and the word was spelled perfect. It still does it that way in Firefox.

Now , in the interest of proper communication I try to write e-fish-ently and with proper grammar and parlance. So "Check Spelling" gets hit before every post. I do enjoy it when it says" There are no misspellings", after the spell check.

I miss the old way because I didn't have to look up the word and "fix" it. So does that ring a Bell? Sound familiar? Or is it just confusing? I can live like this but it makes me crazy when things aren't right.

Re: [bendopolo] Lack of Spell check In reply to
A other alternative is to go to Google, and download their tool bar. It has a good spell check, that can be operated in anything that you type. (and it's free)

Re: [Saberfish] Lack of Spell check In reply to
I am the worst for not running spell check,

I have microsoft office... with a pretty good spell check if I take the time to use it... I just have to copy my post to a office word document and it will automaticly check every thing from spelling to grammer...

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [Saberfish] Lack of Spell check In reply to
CoolIt also contains an AutoFill button to quicken the pace when filling out forms. Additionally it includes AutoLink,
weather report. Popups okay/ or not etc.

Dryrod
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm!

Not a member yet? Click this link to register.

Tell them Dryrod sent you!
Your Fly Fishing Moderator

Re: [Dryrod] Lack of Spell check In reply to
The only thing on the Google tool bar that I use is the spell check. The pop up blocker leaves much to be desired.

Google has just recently released/offered many additional items that can be added to their tool bar. (hundreds of little offerings)

I haven't downloaded any of them, but they make for an interesting read.