Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Winter Sports >

Down hill skiing

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Down hill skiing
Any one here getting their old gear ready for some down hill skiing?

I gave mine away several years back due to an axident but still would love to hear about some past adventures and future plans to vail or sugar mountain or even alpine valley.

I was a chair jocky for 20 years, I spent more than I made but it sure helped to finance my need for speed....

so what gear is hip this year and what is the go to equipment these days for dependability?

Dave
Your Message Board Administrator

Wage war on natural desasters, not humans !

Re: [davetclown] Down hill skiing In reply to
I'm hoping to hit the slopes at least once this year. Missed it altogether last year. I won't go by myself and it's hard to find anybody that I know who's schedule fits mine. Since I don't go very often I won't be buying my own equipment. It'll cost me less to rent.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.

Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Down hill skiing In reply to
when I was a chair jocky, I got to skii for free on non peek days, and rentals only cost me 2 green snow flakes...

and ya know the old saying you get what you pay for, well let me tell ya, there aint nothin like owning a pair of waxed and sharpened skis.

the rentals unless you spicificaly rent the good one are a bit dull and makes it hard to handle the slolum.

I sure miss the slopes and the snow bunnies....

Dave

You would have to mention snow bunnies. Darn! Why did I move in with my girlfriend? It's almost like being married.

I haven't hit the beaches at all this year because I've got a lot to do around here.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.

the only downhill skiing i do is when i fall on the steep bank going fishing PiratePirateTongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my biggest worry is that my wife(when i die)will sell my fishing gear for what i said i paid for it
koos brandt

Re: [tomc] Down hill skiing In reply to
LOL,

and I thought you were going to say something like "I take my fishin sled skiing down the hill to the lake every winter"..

Dave