Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Winter Sports >

Who is running the Half Pike in 2006

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Who is running the Half Pike in 2006
with snow boards here to stay, this sport has proven to be an extreem endevor for most athletes.

this being so, most of our ski lodges have built a half pike to accomidate the most adventurous of boarders.

So I was wondering who here would be running the half pike and where they were running it.

also what is your best spin?

Pictures are always welcome.

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [davetclown] Who is running the Half Pike in 2006 In reply to
we just had a fatality here on the half pike today, a youth running Alpine Valley's half pike today went up and over and came back down on his head,

he was not wearing protective head gear, for those of you who are not sporting safty equipment may want to seriously concider at least a helmet,

from the top of the half pike to the bottom of the half pike is a good 20 feet, equilivent of a two story building. even if you hit soft snow you risk sporting a closed head injury, most of you already know one famous athlete who sports a closed head injury, Mohamad Allie. (sorry spelling) he sports a hefty closed head injury from years of boxing. And beleive you me that you dont have to be that bad to loose your life as the way you know it.

you can go from a promising coreer to struggling to be a dish washer in a fast food joint in a split second....

so please sport those helmets on the half Pike at least.

Re: [davetclown] Who is running the Half Pike in 2006 In reply to
Last year, I bought a co-worker of mine a skiing helmet. In early January he went skiing with his wife and one of his children. He decided not to wear his helmet because his wife and son didn't have one so he thought why should I wear one. As bad luck would have it, he fell backwards on the last run of the day. landed on a patch of ice and cracked his head really hard. He lay there for approx. 45 minutes unconsious until the lifties came through sweeping the runs at days end. Long story short, he still has trouble walking and has lost most muscle control on the left side of his body. He's doesn't work anymore either. So, the moral of the story is WEAR YOUR HELMET EVEN IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE. This was a very costly lesson for him to learn. He'll probably have to live with the affects of this accident for the rest of his life.

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"
Re: [BEARCLAW] Who is running the Half Pike in 2006 In reply to
I agree, no matter what ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET. You get going at speeds faster than you may realize.

By the way Dave, it is half pipe not half pike.
Re: [UpNorthMN] Who is running the Half Pike in 2006 In reply to
I worked at a ski lodge for 20 years, and I too thought is was half pipe, then reading ski magazine it was spelled half pike. being half deaf I though well, ok, my bad, I'll start pronouncing it right now,

Now I will have to see what other resorts are calling it.