Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > General Discussion : Winter Sports >

Late season Skiing

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Late season Skiing
Here we are at the end of March. Everyone is starting to get spring fever. However, mother nature decided to give us a late winter dumping of snow here in northern utah. I took advantage of it yesterday and went skiing. This was the best day of the year. I skied untracked snow all day yesterday. Most of it was thigh deep and up to my waist in spots. It was an epic day. What surprised me most was how late in the season it was and how amazingly light the snow still was.Shocked

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

Re: [BEARCLAW] Late season Skiing In reply to
That's cool Bearclaw. I still have a pass left to Brighton that I have to use before the season is up. I've had a couple awesome days skiing up there this year in some of that waist deep powder you're talking about. There's not enough time and too many pursuits to follow (hunting, fishing, skiing, camping, family, etc. not necessarily in that order).

Your Fishing Webmasters Moderator

Utah Fishing Information - Get Info on Utah fish species and waters

Register for BigFishTackle - it's FREE and easy!

Re: [BEARCLAW] Late season Skiing In reply to
Well, after about 100 days of skiing at ALTA, I was done with it by the date of your post, however, I did get in a few back-country trips with my hounds to enjoy the bounty of our snowfall. If you get up to ALTA, look me up next year and we can do some turns(I telemark).