Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls info?
A group of us want to head up to American Falls reservoir this weekend, any info would be appreciated, Ice conditions, where the best place to access the ice. Fishing
report.

thanks
[signature]
Why don't you join us next week on Cascade?
[signature]
Wish i could, running low on Vacation, stuck to weekend trips for now. Trying to build it back up. You guys have a good trip, give me a few years, and ill be part of the Retirement Gang.
[signature]
Im getting old I may not be able to do this much longer.[:/]
[signature]
Was a foot of ice at sportsman's 2 weeks ago, sure the weather hasn't hurt it too much, caught lots of perch.
[signature]
[left]thanks allot for the info, much appreciated.[/left]
[signature]
Ice is currently 14+ inches at Sportsman's Park. The edges have been soft but should be frozen by the weekend with the cold weather. Easy access from the boat docks, gets you out past the edges. Fishing has been very good for Perch and a few trout. Reports from today indicate a couple of inches of snow on top of the ice, no slush. The bite is usually good all day. If your not getting hit regularly move until you find a spot where you are.
[signature]
thanks for all your info.
[signature]
Hello Packfan, just wanted to let you know how or cascade trip was the 29th thru the 1st. This was our first time to cascade and I must say it is a beautiful place. There were 6 of us and the fishing was extremely slow but we fished it hard for 2 days and only managed 8 good perch and 3 nice trout. We fished all the usual hot spots and many different depths but couldn't find many active fish. Our 3rd day we were to fish we elected to leave due to the bad weather that was moving in. The ice and snow conditions were perfect but sounds like they were expecting about 22 inches of snow for a three day stretch. Hopefully the perch don't have lock jaw for your trip, and be careful. That canyon between Eagle and cascade was very rough.

Good Luck
[signature]
My buddy and I decided to postpone the trip until next month if there is still good ice, if not we are planning a trip up in June and fish the open water.
[signature]