Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Fishing Boats >

Need new trailer tires? You better...

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Need new trailer tires? You better save your money
The trailer that my 21 foot center console rests on is a single axle trailer. I priced tires for that trailer and could not believe the price of a 6 ply tire. HOLY CRAP!

The boat weighs a little over 4000 pounds, so I have to have a 6 ply tire or greater. And the size I have to get is 225/75R15's, which makes it worse 'cause they are a pretty good sized tire. Just two tires put on the rim was 120 bucks. That seems kinda high, and that's the cheapest I found after calling every local dealer in Florence, SC.

I guess it would ballance out if I had a duel axle trailer, rather I have to buy 2 expensive tires or 4 cheap ones. LOL I guess they getcha either way eh?

Bryan Draper

Your Saltwater and South Carolina Moderator

http://www.catchemcreekoutfitters.com

Re: [Tarpon4me] Need new trailer tires? You better save your money In reply to
Just went through the same ordeal last week. Unsure $120 for 2 -13 inch tires Pirate, 6 ply as well. Crap i could put 4 tires on some of the hondas that i have owned for that....lol. Oh, well, don't have to have to worry about it for a while.

How long are these things supposed to last anyways?

cyas
rc
Re: [guppyslayer] Need new trailer tires? You better save your money In reply to
Tire rubber gets old after 5 years so you should check for cracks at that point. Had a bad axle on my last trailer and went threw two sets that season, ooch.

Fishemen will change the future! Your NC. moderator and sometime CT.

Be Green-Buy Fur

Re: [Tarpon4me] Need new trailer tires? You better save your money In reply to
trailer tires have a harder sidewall,which in turn will crack sooner than car tires,they should be armerall on a regulare bacis,and covered from the sun when not in use,anything made from oil is going to be stupidly priced.it seems that its only going to get worse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my biggest worry is that my wife(when i die)will sell my fishing gear for what i said i paid for it
koos brandt
Re: [tomc] Need new trailer tires? You better save your money In reply to
That's good advise. The sun is the number one killer on tires. Also, speaking of oil, even better than armorall, get a rag with a VERY LIGHT coat of oil and go over your tires. It will soak in the rubber and keep the tires conditioned; way better than armorall. But armorall works fine too.

Bryan Draper

Your Saltwater and South Carolina Moderator

http://www.catchemcreekoutfitters.com