Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Fishing Polls & Surveys >

How many years have you been fishing?

fishing
Poll: How many years have you been fishing?
1 or less
Between 1 and 5 years
Between 5 and 10 years
Between 10 and 15 years
more than 15 years
  View Results (3224 votes)
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [theangler] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
Guessing about 55-years (will be 60 next month). Smile
Re: [ydoc] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
I'd have to say close to 30 years. I've been fishimg since I was a little guy.Fishin'
Since I was 3 years old - so 39 years, damn I'm feeling old!
Let's just say since I was 3 and leave it at thatWink But Fly Fishing the majority....think I would be much better at itLaugh
I started when i was 3 lol But I'm only 17 so 14 years but I fell in love with fishing the second I hooked my first trout.. Smile and it all escalated from there.
Re: [willardite] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
Fishin'been fishing over fifty years
Re: [stevent] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
I wish I have been fishing for that long just so I could have the knowledge that comes with it..
i had my first pole when i was 2 i'm 34 now
I have been fishing for about 20 years. Over the last three years, I have started to take the sport/hobby much more serious. I have learned more in the last three then in the previous 17.
Over 55 yrs
image/gif fish_trip5.gif (5.89 KB)
I have been fishing for 23 years. My Dad was talking me since I was about 2 years old and I take all three of my girls all the time. I started going by myself probably around eight. I would go up the canyon on my bike tie my fishing pole to my handle bars and put the worms in a plastic bottle and put it in the bottle holder. Good old memories.
I been fishing about 60 years.
Started when I was 4 or 5 years old with my grandpa using an old cane pole for cats, so that would make 60 years as I will be 65 in June. Great memoriesFishin'
I'm 34 so it,s somewhere around 30-31 years.. I have twinn 2year olds so they are getting ready to start this year. My son keeps saying every time he sees a pond daddy is getting me a fishing pole and taking me fishing... Talk about a proud daddy. My little girl says i want to see the fishies...
Re: [fishawk78] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
22 years, since I was 5. Now I get to teach my kids how. My 2 year old got his first cat fish and loved it!
Probably about a little over 20 years, loved fishing big time since I was in like the 7th grade Happy
Re: [idaho_fisherman] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
Been hitting the water since I could hold a pole
Been fishing for about 35 years, dad would take me and my brothers out to the bay to sit on the rocks and fish for cats when I was just wee little. Now I take my 11 year old son as often as possible and my 6 year old daughter keeps asking when we are going ice fishing. Love being a dad.
I'm thinking probably about 65 years. I remember going to the creek on the farm, cutting a willow stick, tieing on some store string and a hook and a worm and catching fish. When I got my first zebco33 I wouldn't let my brother touch it. That old reel still works. My grandson used it about 10 years ago.
I don't know if it's the demo graph of this web page but I was really hoping to see more in the 5 - 15 year categories. Simply to see that our knowledge is being passed down from angler to angler, generation to generation. It's easy for someone to look at their own life or people they are surrounded by and think, well fishing and hunting are still going. The sport is thriving? But what about new faces? People outside of the tradition of these great sports and introducing the young people who have not had the chance to experience the great outdoors.
Re: [boredfishing] How many years have you been fishing? In reply to
Over 55 years , started out creek fishing with a willow 6 ' of line and a hook and sinker .
Total years has been 45 by the calendar. If you count my 24 and 72 hour fishing marathons, it would be closer to 70 years. Not bad for a 50 yr old. lolCool