Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Fishing Stories >

Big Pickerel

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Big Pickerel
Two years ago, my mom caught a 29 inch pickerel. The girth on it was hugh, not normal for that species. By the way in was caught in PA. When she took it home, she weighed it on a bathroom scale and it was around 8 lbs. The PA state record set in 1937 was 8 lbs. If she only knew then to get it weighed and certified she may have broken the record. Now that she knows she may never see one that size again.

Re: [Guest] Big Pickerel In reply to
here in utah we have catch and release records the record for cutthroat trout is 26" i caught a 27 1/4" one at the end of oct. but did not find out it was a new record until later not that it would have mattered anyways as you need a witness and i was fishing alone
CHRIS Everyone is intitled to my opinion
Man, that is too bad, I wish she could have broken the record. That would have been great for her and you. Did you have it mounted or did you have it for dinner?Wink

TO AIR IS HUMAN, TO HEO2 IS DIVINE

Fast and Free registration do it now!
Search From this site. Click Here
omg,that happend to me long time ago with a yellowfin Mojarra.mine was over 2 on spring scaleFrownI quess I'll have to keep fishing.I only seen sm ones and have caught babies for bait.

A Bass a Day Keeps the Doctor Away..
Protect Florida's natural resources recycle and Fish for the Future!
image/jpeg 098.JPG (999 KB)