Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Fishing Stories >

first fish I ever caught

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
first fish I ever caught

fish: 12 inch carp

tackle used: 6 inch rock

I used to live close to a canal. There was a small irrigation ditch coming off that had very little water left. There the carp was, with his top half in the air. I found myself a nice big rock and SPLASH!! No, not very sportsman-like, but hey, I was just a kid

-Loren

"I threw everything in my tackle box at 'em. After that didn't work, I threw my tackle box at 'em."
Re: [hashbaz] first fish I ever caught In reply to
I don't remember the first fish that I caught. I was too young to remember. Luckily for me my dad started me out fishing almost before I could walk. Most likely it was a little bluegill or rainbow trout.

Your Fishing Webmasters Moderator

Utah Fishing Information - Get Info on Utah fish species and waters

Register for BigFishTackle - it's FREE and easy!

Re: [cat_man] first fish I ever caught In reply to
First fish I caught was flying fish! I was real young going to Catalina ( on ferry ). As were coming into Avalon real slow fish begin hitting the deck.

I pick one up and it's still alive so I threw it overboard. Of course everyone was screaming...I thought it was funny!Laugh

I remember just picking them up and throwing them back in the waterSly
Re: [releaseit] first fish I ever caught In reply to
funniest thing i ever saw on a boat was fishing at catalina one night a flying fish came flying out of the dark between the rail and bulworks hitting some guy in the crotch and droping him to the deck......maybe you had to be there
CHRIS Everyone is intitled to my opinion