Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Lure & Jig Making >

Pencil Sinker Mold

fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
Pencil Sinker Mold
Looking for a pencil sinker mold or any ideas how to make one. I am mainly looking for weights for drift fishing, with or without a swivel attached to it. No particular size, but it would prefer a few different sizes. Any ideas?
Re: [Ktrout] Pencil Sinker Mold In reply to
Check with Cabelas or even on ebay. You can get some good deals there. Cool

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports
if you just want sinkers to bounce or drag along the bottom or to hang like a drop shot rig, why not just use coiled lead with a hole in the center. You can make them any weight by adjusting the length. just put a piece of bailing wire through the lead center and form a loop at each end or just crush the bottom on the wire to hold it in place.
Idahomike
Re: [idahomike] Pencil Sinker Mold In reply to
@ Iadhomike: I have a ton of lead so wanted to make my own. I know about the coils though.

@TubeN2: I ended up getting one off ebay. Probably didn't need to get it since on the same day I got mine, someone else I know got one. It also seems like making a mold should be easy since there isn't anything fancy about a pencil shaped sinker.
Hey Ktrout.

If you have a good machinist friend, you can make a mold that would allow you to pour 10 or 15 or more sinkers at a time.

You just need a 2 piece mold that allows your to either insert a core to leave a hole in it or allow your to insert a swivel prior to pouring. Cool

Bass are toys. Gills and Trout are food.
There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an Idiot
Fast, Free Registration Tell them TubeN2 sent ya
Search From this siteClick Here
Current Moon Phase Tide Reports