Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Product Testers Wanted >

Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin".........

fishing
(Page 1 of 3)
> >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin"....... (Closed)

Hello All,
The Lure below is brought to us for testing by Bettencourt Baits http://bettencourt.tacklescout.com[/size][size 1] . Apply by clicking reply (above to the right) to Test this product! (1 of these is available for testing)

THE LURE BEING TESTED IS THE 9" AND HAS THE INSCRIPTION BIGFISHTACKLE.COM ON THE BELLY OF THE LURE! (Actaul color above)

When you’re hunting down big fish, you gotta go after ‘em with your best weapon...the Assassin! This is our most versatile lure ever and is known for attracting and landing enormous muskie, pike, black bass, and stripers. Its unique zig-zag action swims enticingly along the surface like a snake, attracting predators for explosive surface action. If you’re setting your sights on deeper beasts, rip it fast and it will slither below the surface and stalk down your prey!

The Assassin is available in three sizes (6”, 9”, 12”) and nine colors. Each lure contains our lifelike TruePrism eyes and a frantic-action soft plastic curly tail.

Other colors available at the site listed above:

Get a static 468 x 60 banner is this forum, Click Here for Fishing Banner Ads

Mike H
BFT Staff
(This post was edited by davetclown on Mar 18, 2003, 9:37 AM)
Re: [theangler] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I'll apply to test this lure. It resembles the AC Plug, which I've fished with quite a big. I've fished with many Allen Cole specials. Species targeted with the AC Plug have been trophy lake trout at Flaming Gorge, tiger muskies at Utah's Pineview Lake, and trophy striped bass at Arizona's Lake Mojave.

I live in the Salt Lake City area of Utah.
(This post was edited by DennisW on Mar 7, 2003, 2:39 PM)
Re: [theangler] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I think this bait has great potential. With the spring migration of Stripped Bass From the Ablemare Sound coming up the Roanoke River. I could put it to the test. Most of the fishing is done with cut bait on the bottom, but a lot of trolling and casting is also done at this time. I would be glad to fish with it and report back how it does. I will also show you some photos of the fish caught with it.

byrumjr fishing
Search From this site. Click Here
Smile I would like to test this lure because one of the lakes, that is just up the street from my house, has recently stocked the lake with salmon and will be stocking with large trout. I would like to see if I would be successful at catching these big fish with this lure. Thanks for the consideration.
I would like to give them a testing here is Kansas WE have a wide Variety of and environment to fish in. I spend over three months fishing numerous lake rivers and ponds, fishing for White Bass, Black Bass, Drum, Saugeye, Largemouth Bass, Wipers, Walleye, and Northern Pike which is stock in a couple of lakes around the neighborhood,

Thank for the offer and I will let you know I am available for testing and will give you review and photo reports.

TheBowhunter
I'll give it a shot.

pauly4560@yahoo.com
i would love to try any gear you have just to prove women have a oppinion on tackle too. and you then will have a reply from me telling you just what i think of these products
I would love to try this lure. The Stripper run will be starting soon here in the New York Bight. I think this lure will produce big fish by the Breezy Point Jetty.
Angelic I would'nt mind trying it on the muskies and the pike we have here in Minnesota !!

Flagmanonice -----------------
YOUR MINNESOTA AND ICE FISHING MODERATOR, FLAGMANONICE......
pike walleye

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway

I would really like to try this lure, I think it could be very successful when fishing for very many types of fish because I have used jointed lures before and have had much success and I would really like to see how the bass and trout in the lake that I fish would bite this lure, thanks.Basstracker29
I would love to try this lure at pineview for musky because when the lake rises flooding now exposed brush giving perch cover to hide in the musky fish should be a blast plus i have never caught one so pleeese let me try it thanx if you do or not

aquaman
CHRIS Everyone is intitled to my opinion
Hello!

I would love to test the Assassin! Im getting ready to make several trips to Lake Castaic and Lake Casitas here in southern california to see if i can get some nice jumbo bass. I would really like to see if the Assassin fishes as well as it looks.

THanks

JAMartin
RWSTCorona@aol.com

I would love to test this lure for you. I think that it'll be dynamite on the post-ice pike up here in N W Ontario. I wouldn't mind trying it out for some lakers too.
To fish or not to fish.....what a dumb question!
I would like to give this lure a shot in the new jersey surf it might be good on Stripers and the color looks good for big weakfish also the spring striped bass run should be starting soon

Your New Jersey Board Moderator EDUCATING FISH ONE LURE AT A TIME

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Don't forget to register its FREE and fun
From this site. Click Here
"IF YOU WANT A FRESHWATER FISH TO FIGHT HARD PUT IT IN SALTWATER"
Re: [Hutch00] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I would love to give this lure a try. I live in Central MN where we have large numbers of Northern Pike, Musky, Walleye and Bass.

I'd like to catch my first Musky on this lure.
Comicfish Looks like a fish, smells like a fish, it must be a fish. caught Hook'em Dano!!!!
I would like to try this lure because the only fish i go after are largemouth and pike. the lake is in my backyard and i have always wanted to try a bait that was bigger than a jointed shad rap. If i get to test this lure i will garutee that it will be used every time i go fishing and i will write a great report on it also. i would also like to try this because i dont have more than 2 lures for pike and 7 for bass. But I would most definetly let you know no matter what.

Paul Nelson
I would love to try this product. Live on lake and fish as often as I can.
I live in tupelo, ms and bass fish ALOT. if you want a serious and critical report on your product send it to me to test. i average 15-20, 10 lb. plus bass per season.
Cool Crappie, Bass, and Trout! Also salt water fishing. I do it all! Will give honest opinoin on what I caught and where I caught it and the weather condition at the time of the catch.
I live near two tiger muskie lakes, and they look like killer lures for them. Send me one. How do I get a hold of them to test?

Walleye Paul
Future Professional Walleye Trail'er
"Walleyes??? Gotta love 'em baby!"

walleye walleye walleye
Well like everyone else Here in Utah I would like to try this lure for the tiger muskies in pineview, I would also however like to try it for some pre spawn reaction hits for the wallys and try some late night trolling for whipers at willard bay. Along with all that I would love to try it for some largemouth action in utah lake and Quial Creek and some Smallmouth at deer creek and jordanelle. Also so late summer action at Flaming Goarge will be great also some big deep trout and some more smallies.

I will provide In depth reviews and let you know how they work after combined trips 2-3 times a week. I also Hit some of the major lakes in Ky about mid summer. I could Also try them there and let you know.

Thank you

Hal
I think this lure would be a great one to use for wipers in Willard Bay Utah. Also it would be great for the Tiger Muskie's in Pineview. I'll be making a trip to Flaming Gorge soon and I'd love to try it there for big Macks. WH2

BFT administrator and moderator

(This post was edited by wiperhunter2 on Mar 12, 2003, 9:34 AM)
Re: [wiperhunter2] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I'd love to try this new lure out on several lakes and several differnt species of fish here in Utah

swimming in ice.

........><(((*>

><(((*>.....><(((*>

....><(((*>
My Name is Nathan Bettencourt,the creator of the Assassin.For you Utah anglers, go see James at Hooked Tackle on main st. in Kaysville.He stocks a full line of Assassins...Thanks to everyone for your interest,and good luck..Nathan
www.Bettencourtbaits.com
> >