Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Product Testers Wanted >

Charlie Suspending Swimbait...

fishing
(Page 3 of 4)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [theangler] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications Accepted Until 6-02-03 In reply to
Re: [theangler] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications Accepted Until 6-02-03 In reply to
Looks like a winner! I have fished many of the Swimbaits out there and most have fallen short of my expectations. I am a avid Tournment angler and I'm always look for that added edge. The Charlie Suspending Swimbait seems to have all the right moves with the Suspending action that will allow many different retrieves and a fish calling rattle ........ "I've got to try this one"
I HAVE TRIED A VARIETY OF SWIMBAITS WITH MODERATE SUCCESS. I'VE THROWN EVERYTHING FROM MAGNUM TORA TUBES TO BIG TROUT BAITS. WHAT REALLY MAKE THIS PRODUCT UNIQUE IS THE SLITS IN THE BODY ALONG THE TAIL SECTION. I THINK IT GIVES IT A BETTER LIFELIKE ACTION THAN ALL THE REST THAT ARE OUT ON THE MARKET. I'VE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH A TECHNIQUE OF USING SWIMBAITS IN SIGHTFISHING AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY THIS PRODUCT OUT FOR BED FISHING. PLEASE SIGN ME UP. THANK YOU.
Wink I would really like to try out this new lure. We have a lot of lakes in Minnesota (land of 10,000 lakes) and every weekend my husband & I go out fishing on many of the different lakes around. We really like testing out new things to determine the duds from the studs. I would really like the opportunity to test this lure out and report all of our findings (good or bad) for the outcome on using it on different types of lakes & fish. I really think the fish will go wild over this! I can't wait to try it out!! Cool
(This post was edited by nevalake on May 29, 2003, 11:43 AM)
My husband and I Would like to try this product while freshwater fishing here in KY
All season Freshwater Fishing is my hobby and I have just retired and will be chasing fish full time. I live in Montana and fish for all types of fish. Here in northwest Montana our lakes are extremely clear and requires lots of finesse to catch the Largemouth Bass. I would like to give one of these a go. I will give a clear and concise report (along with digital pictures if you like!) on my findings with this lure or anything else that you might like me to test. I fish for Bass, Perch, Trout, Pike, and Lake Trout and own a Bass boat.

Sincerely

Ron
I would like to give this swim bait a shot on my favorite MN lake. I

am always looking for an edge with new baits and tackle. This would

be a great area to try this new product with the wide variety of fish that

we have in all the lakes here. Pick Me! My good friends Mr.Lund and

Mr.Johnson and I will be happy to put it to the test for you!

Thanks,

Mr.Walleye
(This post was edited by mr.walleye on May 29, 2003, 12:41 PM)
I would like to try it on inshore saltwater in SW Florida. Mainly Snook, Trout, Reds, Tarpon. Looks just like a pilchard and would knock 'en dead.

thanksSmile
Hi I am very intrested in testing you product and reporting back to you I attached my fishing resume to this message please check it out it should have all the info you need to make a decision please contact me at FlippinRyan@go.com or call me at 661-886-3958 thank you.

Ryan Bearden
Re: [rcfran101] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications Accepted Until 6-02-03 In reply to
i just started fishing and i have caught a catfish,pickerel and a 4 pound bass.i would love to be able to help test this new product.
Re: [D_Eason] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications Accepted Until 6-02-03 In reply to
Please send me the charlie mega swimbait to try out. I fish inshore,saltwater and would like to try it out on striped bass and trout. thankyou, flounderPounder, Bwalloping@aol.com
        I AM WRITING FOR THE FREE CHARLIE SWIMBAIT. I MAINLY BASS FISH, BOTH LARGEMOUTH AND SMALLMOUTH. MY ADDRESS IS: JEFF COSTIGAN 65-47 160 St. Apt. 4 C FLUSHING NEW YORK 11365. PLEASE MAIL TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. JEFF COSTIGAN.SmileSmileSlySly
I would be more than happy to give this lure a try out here in Washington. Just let me know where to send the test report. Chuck
I would love to try this lure out on the fish here in utah. mostly I fish for tiger musky. but I to fish for all kinds like,bass,walleye,wipers,trout,or what I can get to bite. I think that I could give a good report back on how this lure works here in utah. I've been thinking of getting something like it to go after musky, and big bass. And to show my feathers in my hat about being able to give a good report, I'm giveing a how to fish for muskies in utah class on june 4th 2003 in utah you can see the posts on the utah board any way thanks for giving me a chance anyway

I use the best
Kistler rods, Berkley Gulp Alive!, Maniac custom lures,Team Daiwa,
I'd like to try it.
I would love to try this lure out on some bass in my area lakes!! SmileSign me up!!Smile
Yes I was writing back about testing lures.I do alot of fishing mostly bass aleast 4-5 days aweek and some fishing for catfish,tiger muskie,wallie,ext.you can email me atpowder1018@yahoo.com P.S. my name is shawn davis i live at 2324 w. charles,Grand Island,NE 68803
Re: [theangler] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
Okay now that the contest is closed I want to know who won. That way we can bug that person till we get back a review. I want to know how this lure works! Tongue

Comicfish Take a kid fishing (Even a big kid)
Re: [reidwalker] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
thanks for asking, I am glad to see some one is intrested in the resluts of these product tests.

the paerson selected for this test is sassiebrat13

you can find her post on page two of this string.

I too am intrested in the results of this test. I will be eagerly looking forward to reveiwing her comments.

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [davetclown] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
Well, everyone I'd be more than happy to give you the results of my testing the Charlie Suspended Swimbait, but I have yet to get it. Today's date is July 8, 2003 and I myself am getting a bit jittery to fish it! I've fished the original Charlies with pretty good sucess with the Baby Bass color scheme (gold and black), but I'd like to see how the Suspended Charlie differs in action and reaction, not to mention if it catches more fish! Hopefully, the bait will arrive soon. They said approximately 3-3 1/2 weeks for delivery, but its been 5 weeks! One fishing trip planned for it has already passed and I have to stick to my standard Rattle Traps,homemade flies and lures to fish. Anyway, as soon as the bait's received it will be fished and hopefully soon great photos and fish will be taken. Here's to hoping.

Unimpressed
Re: [theangler] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
This product looks like it would do well at Lake Casitas. The number of large mouth bass in this lake is astonishing. The lake is stocked with trout many times a year, so this lure would be perfect. Please give me a chance to test it. Thank-you. Fish on!
Re: [sassiebrat13] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
Just another update to let everyone know that as of today, july 22nd, 2003 I still have not received the Charlie Suspended Swim bait. I have basically lost all hope of ever receiving it to fish. But if that changes I'll let ya all know.

ChelseaCrazy
Re: [sassiebrat13] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
Hey Brat,

don't despair. I was selected to try the trout version of this bait and I instead got the 1-shot system. Got it quite quick also! Guess maybe I was an alternate tester for it. I'd love to test out the Charlie Suspending Trout Swimbait if I ever get it!
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Charlie Suspending Swimbait Applications (Closed) In reply to
Thanx DDR for your reply. At least now I don't feel as if I'm losing my mind. My husband is getting a bit tired of me not wanting to even leave for work until the mail arrives. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. The ocean temp. is getting to where the big ones should be surfacing soon and I will not miss that....swimbait or not!

ChelseaCool
Okay!!! Finally, I have received the Charlie Supended Swimbait! The packaging is low-key, functional and reusable. The packaging doesn't mess with any of the flashy graphics that some companies use that actually seem to turn me away from them. I received the 6.5 inch, 2 oz. Charlie. The packaging states the Diving Depth as 18-24 feet and will Suspend in freshwater and Float in salt. The coloring of the lure depending on the angle of which you look at it could pass as a Baby Bass with the Black/Yellow along the upper body or Rainbow Trout with the opal, pink and speckled coloring along the sides. From the bottom looking up (belly) it is white.opal. But it is a 'Small Trout'. Which should work well for almost anything in the waters I fish. Just so I would know what kind of action I was going to be 'playing' with I went and tossed it in a pond (that wasn't stocked unfortunately) just to see how the bait moved through the water. And I'll have to say I'm impressed! I have yet to find a Swimbait that can mimic a fish as well as the Charlie. Between the use of hard & soft plastics, bearings, hologram coloring, life-like eyes, rattle and the movement this Swimbait has all the makings of an excellent attractor! Well, tomorrow is Friday and there are fish to be had! I'll be tossing in freshwater ponds and lakes tomorrow and then saltwater either Saturday or next Friday. I'll be back with an update real soon and hopefully some nice pictures of great fish!

ChelseaCool
> > > >