Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Product Testers Wanted >

Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout ...

fishing
(Page 3 of 4)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [southernman] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout Applications Accepted Until 6-23-03 In reply to
yep every body hated them,

and they had a tendancy of being left in the lockers in school. they never realy did any one any good. lol

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout Applications Accepted Until 6-23-03 In reply to
I like to take this chance to let you know about one of our sponcers and their merchandise. Extremelures.com is the only place where you can find a complete line of megabait lures.

I have recently layed my hands on some of these lures, and if nothing else they are just way to cool to fish with. But in my box the rule is if I dont fish with it, it dosn't belong there.

Megabait lures are holographic in construction and look fanominal and the action is, well lets just say it is the most realistic in live action animation that I have ever seen. one in particular even fooled a seagull in to a little action. I was out a couple weeks ago with a charlie swim bait (crayfish green in color)

the charlie swim bait suspended lure is so live like in its swimming action and suspending that a hunting seagull swooped down and grabed it, the poor bird nearly had a heart attach when he reached the end of the line and was reeled in. the bird was released un harmed. Now when he looks for suspended fish in the water he makes a double pass before grabbing at it.

you can watch for the link to pop up on this site to take you directly to their site.

so far I have landed bass and rock bass with this lure. the dangling over the edge of a bridge thing worked great. I got tons of looks by passerbyes and fish from all over swam up to see if they could get a bite out of this lure, even fish smaller that the swim bait wanted a bite.

Re: [davetclown] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout Applications Accepted Until 6-23-03 In reply to
I haven't caught anything with Charlie yet. But he's so much fun to watch, I can't help but play with him for quite a while!

Haha. I know what you mean about the seagull. LOL. I had one swoop down and grab my 5" Charlie swimbait. He quickly let go though.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if I can get Charlie to swim deeper for me. I hear that the Northerns have gone down to 15-20 feet of water. Gonna see if I can get Charlie down there to catch a few for me. That's tomorrow's project if I can stay warm!
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Click here for your local weather report.
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout Applications Accepted Until 6-23-03 In reply to
I used a larg swivel snap to make mine dive after the gull excrusion lol
Re: [davetclown] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout Applications Accepted Until 6-23-03 In reply to
I've been hooking my Charlie to a small snap-swivel and he's been sinking a little. Hmmm, maybe I need a walking sinker about 3 feet up the line. What do you think?
-- DrownedDesertRat --

I think you need the waight right on the nose to make it dive on its own. Not much at that eather, my large snaps may weigh about as much as 2 tiny split shot sinkers.

I would try with the smallest split shot and place it above the knot above your sinker and see what happens. then keep adding the shot till you get the desired depth you want.

I read somewhere that for crank baits, the best way to get them down deep (and keep them there) is to put a sliding sinker above the swivel and then use a 2-6 foot leader off the swivel with your crankbait connected to that. Can't remember where I read it but it was in one of my magazines.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

I have done that, bout only when I was running my lure like a down rigger set up and using a leader about the lenth of my rod and dropping down to my desired dpthe. of the luree is a sinker it will drop to its normal angle of decent at so many feet out. but with a short leader the sinker controlls the main depth. this is only ture for trolling, I dont know about casting.

I have seen plastics (worms) done the way you mention when my budies are fishing the deep waters and want a faster action with their baits.

any way try it your way and let us now what happens. I will go out again one day this week to do some cranking...

I'll hopefully be out on Sunday (beautiful 75+ temp) with a boat. Until then, I'm a busy rat. Upon reading closer, you're right about the way I said it. What I just read before getting online from Rapala, is that the rigging I was mentioning is for trolling. I only need to get Charlie down to about 6 or 7 feet. Rapala suggests split shots on the line for that.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

to tell ya the truth I am intreged by the thought of trolling this lure at depths of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 foot. I can only emagin what a slow troll would produce with the action provided by this lure.

I'm not scheduled to work tomorrow. Woohoo!! I'll be taking Charlie up to Ham Lake and casting from the boat dock. It's a fairly shallow lake and there's tons of weeds along the banks. The place where I'll be casting is along side the lillypads which pretty much are the passageway walls to the middle of the lake where it gets deeper. Wish me luck and get me a camera!

Got my "Booyaa!" cap today. Woohoo! Now I can definitely show off in style. Haha! CoolTongueCrazyCool
-- DrownedDesertRat --

luck!

well I took charlie swimming today, he came back with a little buddy, take a look at the attachments.

Beautiful catches! Unfortunately, today's smallmouth's were too small to even try to grab Charlie. They wanted smaller stuff for some reason. Of course, I ended up with a 5" Charlie instead of a 4" Charlie... my mistake.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Took Charlie out last Sunday to the local trout lake. I saw some boils withing casting distance so I cast just past them, reeled into the boils, paused, and "blam!". I saw Charlie fly through the air! Unfortunately, no fish was attached.

The boils kept moving from place to place so I threw Charlie in again and again although my fingers were aching from the cold and wind. I finally got a hook on something! I pulled, it pulled. I pulled again, it pulled again. Never did get to see it though. I guess I let off a little too much and it got the hook loose.

After about 10 more minutes with no luck, the boils stopped. So I started casting in various locations, both to shallows and deeper water. Got another hook-up!

I was determined that this time it wasn't gonna get away! Wish I would have had my camera. That snapping turtle wasn't too happy when I finally got him out of the water so I could get the hook out of his mouth. Talk about a struggle! Good thing I've got some good pliers I keep in my tackle box. Kinda wishing I would have had my leather gloves with me also.

I really need to remember to bring a camera with me.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

you are right about that, especialy when you are a catch and release man.

them turtles do put on a good fight.

Best part is... Charlie is still in useable shape. CoolCoolCoolCool
-- DrownedDesertRat --

I was wondering about that.

though turtles dont have teath (except gamera) they do have a mean bite....

was there any signs of ripping or tearing?

There's a little bit of damage to the soft plastic that's over the hard part of the belly but that's about it. Nothing a little glue won't fix.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Re: [theangler] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
Ill test it for you if u want me to. I fish in both fresh and salt water all year round.
Re: [wusup65] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
I am sorry this item has been closed for some time now.

Re: [theangler] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
I'm always on the look out for new lures. I would really love to try this lure!Cool
---TIBBZZ----
Re: [TIBBZZ] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
Sorry TIBBZZ, this one closed last year. but you never know when another one will creep up! Keep an eye on this forum.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Re: [davetclown] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
Gonna hook Charlie up to my new rod and reel. See how he operates on baitcasting equipment. The northerns are within shore-casting distance and saw a few hooked up yesterday evening (the opener).

Bass open up end of the month. I can only imagine the size of the bass I'll get on this.

Will definitely be getting some pictures. My new tacklebox has a place where I can hide my camera.
-- DrownedDesertRat --

Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Charlie 4" S..#02 Rainbow Trout (closed) In reply to
kewl, I will be pulling my stuff out soon as well. bass opens here in mich on the saturday before memorial dsy (observed).

I am in need of getting in some fishing action my self... I am falling way behind in the 16 species contest... I am hoping that charlie will give me a boost...Tongue

> > > >