Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Misc. Fishing Forums : Product Testers Wanted >

Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin".........

fishing
(Page 2 of 3)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [theangler] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE IT A TRY, i WILL BE GOING AFTER THE MUSKIES AT PINEVIEW, AS WELL AS THE BASS AT LAKE POWELL.
Re: [theangler] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
CoolCoolI would love to try out the assassin here in utah for muskie. I fish for them on two lakes here in utah and do real good for them. In fact they are what I fish for most of the time.I start fishing for the as so as the ice is off and lucky for me newton lake is almost ice free now. I have most of the best lures for muskies but nothing like the assassin and would love to try it, the color is even right for newton. I use just 3 colors there. thanks for given me a look. and remember after muskie all other fish are bait. thanks the moose

I use the best
Kistler rods, Berkley Gulp Alive!, Maniac custom lures,Team Daiwa,
Re: [nathan] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
hi nathan , i would put in for the contest but our season wouldn't open in time for me to give it a good try out . i'de like to thank you for letting these other lucky guys have a shot at it ! i've muskied on lake st. clare and the detroit river , i know how much a lure of this quality costs , you are a very generous sponsor and wish to thank you for letting us showcase it here .

you can bet , the next time i go for one ( our state limit ) i will purchase a number 04 , i never forget a good deed . thank you . lonehunter

Nature is better with butter .
Those look pretty nifty...i would love a chance to give them a shot down in the bays on the gulf coast.
The colors and style seem close to the rat'l trap I've had success with down there...be nice to pick up some BIG reds or trout.
Mr. Bettencourt,
It would be a pleasure to test your lure. I am a big-fish enthusiast and would enjoy trying your lure on the various species we have here in Wisconsin. I regularly fish for pike, musky, and salmon and would thoroughly document each trip I used the lure and the conditions I faced using it. Thanks for your consideration.
Chris
Re: [FishFearMe] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to

FishFearMe ()

Has been selected to test this product

If the Lord's willing, You'll be Blessed.
Re: [theangler] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin"....... (Closed) In reply to
Would be happy to give it a try. Will be Musky fishing the last part of August in Rice lake Ontario. Where do we go from here? My name is Ross Amico you can email me at rrossam1@rochester.rr.com
Re: [davetclown] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
good deal , it looks like this lure is really going to get a workout , and see some country too ! congrats to fishfearme on being chosen as the product tester .

Re: [lonehunter] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
Hey Thanks lone.

Cant wait to get it. I will be heading to pineview as soon as I get it and maby willard the next day.
Re: [FishFearMe] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
good deal , i have a 7" flathead lure i've been useing off and on for the last 15 years , the lure itself is over 40 years old , but he still gets the job done . betcha can't wait to get that thing wet !

Re: [lonehunter] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
Your right, I cant
 It's kind of ironic that a Utah fisherman won.My parents lived in Kaysville,and I spent many a hour on Pineview,Willard bay,Strawberry & Fish Lake with my dad.I lost my dad 3 years ago today,and my mom 1yr. later.
If while fishing with this lureand you hear a friendly voice,it's just dad...he was a incredible man..
Nathan Bettencourt
Bettencourt Baits
www.Bettencourtbaits.com
Re: [nathan] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
I will dedicate the first Muskie to him for ya Nate.

Did you say there was a place here localy that we can pic these up at?

Once again thank you for the chance to fish this lure, I am getting very very excited. Where are you resideing now Nate?
Harold,I live in Clinton,Mo. about a mile from Truman Resivoir. Go see James at Hooked Tackle.He's located at 575 N.Main st. in Kaysville..phone is 801-497-9690.James carries a full line of Assassins.For those of you outside the Utah area,you can just email me what you want.
Here in a couple weeks they'll be giving away one of my "Rodents"..It's been a great producer for everyone who has tried one.
If you talk to James tell him I sent you..Nathan
www.Bettencourtbaits.com
Re: [fisherman14] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
In Reply To:
I would like to try this lure because the only fish i go after are largemouth and pike. the lake is in my backyard and i have always wanted to try a bait that was bigger than a jointed shad rap. If i get to test this lure i will garutee that it will be used every time i go fishing and i will write a great report on it also. i would also like to try this because i dont have more than 2 lures for pike and 7 for bass. But I would most definetly let you know no matter what.

Paul Nelson

how much tackle do yuo have
Re: [fisherman14] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin" applications accepted until 3-14-03 In reply to
sorry this one is closed

nathan , i just wanted to thank you once again for providing the guys the chance of testing out another lure , the rodent , . it's a good deed . thank you again my friend . lonehunter

Lonehunter,it's my pleasure to supply this site with some freebies

as give aways.The feed back also helps me with lure developement.

As a one man operation,I take feed back very seriously,and listen to my

cliants..Nathan
www.Bettencourtbaits.com
Nathen, I got my life saving device last thursday....ops I mean lure Wink

I did not see the part that said 9 inches. I have not got to use it yet but I will be hitting it soon. First impression is that this will KILL the muskies at pinview. I cant wait to use this GREAT quality lure. Once again I would also like to thank BFT and really thank nathan for the chance to try this great lure out. Look for reports soon.
i would like to try this product it looks as if it would work good on the bass in oklahoma i live on lake tenkiller and fish most every day
Re: [pepper] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin"....... (Closed) In reply to
HI PEPPER , SORRY BUT THE CONTEST FOR THIS LURE IS CLOSED , BUT CHECK BACK DAILEY BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN OR WHAT WILL POP UP .

HAVE YOU BEEN POSTING YOUR FISHING REPORTS ON THE OAKLAHOMA BOARD , THERE IAS A WEEKLEY CONTEST THAT GETS A PRISE FOR THE BEST POSTING OF A FISHING REPORT .

I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOU ON THE BOARDS , KEEP TRING FOR THE PRODUCT TESTERS !

This bait would really get a workout on the stripers in the Arkansas River near Webbers Falls, Oklahoma where the 40#+ state record striper was taken.
Hey all just reporting back on this great lure.

I went to a local lake here that has plenty of Tiger musky to chase. All thoguh I was unable to land any (cold water) I love the lure it self. The motion and is very realistic and one of the really nice thing I noticed is that it does not seem to feel like your realing in a big fish everytime you cast. I was so impressed I went and got a couple more of different colors to try though out the year.

I will post somemore when we get some steady stable warm weather.

Hal
Re: [FishFearMe] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin"....... (Closed) In reply to
hey fhishfrearme,

I was just wondering if you had a chance to get back on the water to give this hot looking lure another try?

Re: [davetclown] Bettencurt Baits's "The Assassin"....... (Closed) In reply to
Sorry, I have gotten out and threw it a couple times. I still love this lure. I have to land the big muskie....fish of a thousand casts... but I am enjoying the heck out of it. I would for shure recomend this lure for anyone that chases muskie, pike.

I will keep you guys up to stat.
> > > >