Fishing Forum
Skip to Content

Fishing Forum > Tennessee Fishing Forum : Tennessee Fishing General >

drumking, Chickamauga, Crappie, 30 May ...

fishing fishing
Report Post | Register to Reply
drumking, Chickamauga, Crappie, 30 May 2012, Bassert
Pat picked me up this morning after my morning walk and we hit the lake and fished for crappie most of the time. We hit docks in the river and caught several small fish, although I did get one 13.25 inch black crappie under one dock. Fishing in the river for crappie sort of sucks this year. Lots of little fish and not very many bigguns.<br /><br />Then we hit some vertical structure and caught about 14 keepers out of 15 fish. The fish were deep and we were fishing with Bobby Garland baits with 1/16 oz jigheads. We saw the kid there, but he wasn't fishing. He was getting ready to go do some painting. He watched us catch a few fish. I think that he will fish this spot during the upcoming TX this weekend.<br /><br />We only had a few minutes to fish for bass, so we hit one of the spots that we did good on the other week. Not any baitfish in that area and only 2 fish could we get to bite, but they were nice bass. Mine was a 3.0 lber and Pat's was a 4 lb 5 oz largemouth. I had an appointment this afternoon, so we had to quit just before noon. <br /><br />Thanks for taking me fishing, Pat. We will do it again soon. emoBigsmile emoGeezer