Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Off Topic Board >

Whats in a name?

Fishing Lure
fishing fishing
(Page 5 of 5)
> >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [Wildcat94] Whats in a name? In reply to
Thats what I think most of Bassrods post are.

Great thread, like some one else mentioned earlier I have read them all. My user name is pretty much self explanatory. Born and raised in Wis. I have been a Packer fan all of my life, met the wife in Mt. Home Id. in 1966 and she was also a Packer fan "She tells everyone that's why she married me". We are both team owners (share holders) and love our Green and Gold. HATE THE BEARS, but have met a few Bear fans I like including you Zach. Now it's time to get back to the walleye.Fishin'

THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS IN PLACE IN CASE THE POLITICIANS IGNORE THE OTHERS.

Re: [PACKFAN] Whats in a name? In reply to
thanks for the responses! still wanna hear know duckdog1us as well as a few others!!

Lets keep this baby running!
_---

A good fisherman takes trash and leaves fish!
A bad fisherman leaves trash and takes every fish he catches!

Any fish, Anywhere, Any time.... Just One more CAST!

Mine has to do with the fact that I like big rainbow trout. Beautiful fish.

Quote:
A bad day of fishing always beats a great day at work!
Flyfishing

I too am a former college football player, Im 6'4" and weigh 350 lbs- sorta on the big side, and big offensive lineman tend to attract the "plus sized" girls, and my teammates/ buddies teased me for being a chubby chaser, even though I wasnt. (please dont accuse me of being shallow:)
When i got married my wife was 98 pounds, so I showed them haha.
So the name hung around and it still applies very well to fishing, since i like to catch the chubby ones.
(This post was edited by ChubbyChaser on Apr 14, 2012, 8:05 PM)

Re: [rainbowlunker] Whats in a name? In reply to
Hey rainbowlunker, not trying to bust your chops but isnt that a cutt in your avatar pic?Smile

Re: [ChubbyChaser] Whats in a name? In reply to
Good eye. It is a cutty. I guess I should clarify, when I first registered I was all about rainbow trout. Lack of fishing experience at the time. I now know the joys of catching many different types of trout and several other species like bluegill, perch and catfish.

Quote:
A bad day of fishing always beats a great day at work!
Flyfishing

I picked Ocean because i grew up fishing the ocean and the salt water is in my blood.Wink

Ours is pretty simple both our first names start with K so square it and you get K2. We started fishing for Perch and SMB back in the day. Then hooked a beast and we got hooked hence the last part of the name. SmileSmile

Once you know everything about anything its what you learn afterwards that counts.

Skunked, we never get skunked its the fish getting skunked as they just kept missing our lures.

It's been fun reading. So here's is mine.

Like ten years ago there was an ESPN commercial promoting the outdoor games that they were airing (the ones here guys cut logs as fast as possible and run in place on a floating log). It talked about imaginary comic book heroes that were competing or something. Anyway long story short one was named Dr. Lumber and I thought it was hilarious. So from that day on any chance I had to use a code name screen name or nickname I would use it as my own leaving a lot of people wondering if I was a owned a lumber yard or if I was a lumberjack. Neither is true. But I still laugh every time I use it for something.

Re: [TroutBumDave] Whats in a name? In reply to
+1 for troutbumdave

Just read them all. Loved it.
I come from a very competitive family with lots of brothers/ cousins. They all claim I must be part fish for me to be able to catch them like I do. So fishjon, Jon being my name.
Of course the stench I give off after a fishing trip has something to do with the part fish thing. As my older bro says, "You gotta stink good to catch em.".

"All my life I have had secret places. I like secret places. They make me feel smug and superior, two of the really great feelings."

-Pat MacManus

Re: [fishjon] Whats in a name? In reply to
My name is just a permutation of my normal username on lots of stuff.

And Rancid Crabtree is one of my favorite people in the world. Real or not. Smile

----
I couldn't afford a pair of waders, so I bought a Hoodie Footie and 5 cans of Flex Seal. mmmmmm. Fuzzy.

> >