Fishing Forum > Utah Fishing Forum : Utah Contests >

2019 Cat Contest Comments Post

fishing
Ice Fishing Jigs
(Page 4 of 10)
> > > >
Report Post | Register to Reply
Re: [Ahi1953] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
John, you're freaking amazing, I've never seen such a monster masher... That is so incredible day after day pulling in monsters, I'm in awe that's for sure... even on nasty days... hats off to you... Jeff
Re: [SkunkedAgain] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
With the nice weather we had these last 2 days I was hopping things would pick up. Skunked yesterday and only one fish today. not a bumper fish but is a 29 incher

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
image/jpeg DSCN4430.JPG (2.79 MB)
image/jpeg DSCN4431.JPG (2.72 MB)
Nice fish John! Going to put my minnow traps out tonight. Hoping for some fresh chubs for this weekend. Tight Lines.
Ice_sled
Nice job John, I'm looking for a couple that size... Later Jeff
Nice one, again ! Yep, I bet you got that one just before I left.
Re: [Tin-Can] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
In fact it was .

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Re: [ice_sled] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
good luck Ice

Go TEAM NORTH.
Seen that we have a few more northern anglers get out. Now we will give the South a run for the money.

nice fishes sharksugar101 , Jig-fisher and Jeff

Yup north is in the lead. Will update soon. J
Thanks John I tried it yesterday too but only found mudcats. Looks like sugar put us over the top. I think we have a three point lead or so. Now it will probably be a back and forth race for the rest of the season. That makes it fun and exciting. Glad you hold a good anchor position for the team. Later J
The Southern Boys aren't going to let us enjoy our lead long. See Pat just entered a couple of bumper fish.

Very Nice Pat. Going to look around and find my granny's old hat pin for that tube of yours. Happy

Been really bad on the lower bear for me. Skunk all week.

"Very Nice Pat. Going to look around and find my granny's old hat pin for that tube of yours."

Hat pin? I ain't afraid of no steenking hat pin. I got me some new protection.

Looks like they got us by two points... Sorry I'm doing taxes this week, so I won't make it out till the weekend, but I should be able to bump that 25 off of mine so we got a chance for a come back... I foresee lots of back and forth coming in the next few weeks... Last year both teams averaged over 30" so were both 2" shy each on the team averages, so we have room to grow... Will be fun while we're in the bump zone... Later J
Thanks for getting my fish on the scoreboard so quickly. At the rate things are going my 27 won't stay in the top 10 for long.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~~ }<(((((> ~ ~ }<((((> ~ ~ }<((((>
~~~}<(((((((((< ><=;> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ }<((((>

"Blessings upon all that hate contention, and love quietness, and virtue, and Angling." - Izaak Walton
Re: [catchinon] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
You know it used to be a 27 might make it in the top ten until towards the end of the contest... but lately the 30"ers have been getting bumped out... So I guess we both need to find bigger fish if we want to stay in the top 10... I think the efforts are increasing in this contest and making it pretty tough to be part of the top ten... maybe in the future we may want to go to a top 20 to involve more team members... Just a thought... Later J
I like your idea. As it stands now a person might as well not post anything less than a 29 or 30"er if they want to be a part of the final 10. I enjoy the journey as much as the destination but it would be more fun to feel like I was contributing along the way to the team score rather than having it concentrated on a few individuals alone. As it stands we only need 4 people per team to fill up the 10 spots. I know it gets distributed around more than that, but still. I remember from my research of past years' contests that at one time you kept a score of total inches. That would give the south an advantage as we have about twice as many participants as the north does. I don't want to suggest putting more work on you, but that might be fun to do again.

"Blessings upon all that hate contention, and love quietness, and virtue, and Angling." - Izaak Walton
Craig, maybe we can do this as a trial year and have both a top 10 for all the marbles this year and a top 20 to see how everyone likes that option... The top 20 will be more applicable to the end of the contests and the top 10 for the first half... Since they don't really matter until they are filled... And i think I can do the total inches without too much stess... I'll see what I can do... top 20 will be more difficult than total but I'll see how it goes... Later Jeff
Here is my attempt at the top 20 and total length tally... Let me know what you think of this format??? Later Jeff

Looks great Jeff. Fun details.
Ice_sled
I like the idea of having this year be a trial run. It sure won't hurt to post the numbers for the sake of the information. Also makes more chances for jeer and jibes, which is part of the fun of the contest.

Re: [ice_sled] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
Thanks Ben. I would like more folks to stay interested and keep entering fish. Its sad if by the first of April folks get discouraged and dont enter anything. This will require at least 7 on each team to enter fish. So that takes a good group. Usually it will be spread a lot further than that too. So well see how this goes. Thanks Jeff
I like the idea of a top 20 as well. Makes it more interesting. I'm sure it will get more people to post their fish.
Re: [Jig-fisher] 2019 Cat Contest Comments Post In reply to
Thanks I think we have enough people on both teams that we can support this and it might help some of us be better at taking others out with us and teaching them how to catch the big ones. Being more of a team effort that way. Thanks for your support on it. Jeff
Yeah good to try, might be the numbers will get skewed by not enough on one team or the other, so this will be a good test run. Later Jeff
You might already be planning this, but it would be good to see a different color code on those fish in the top 20. It would make it easy to see if you have a fish in that range. Just a thought...Thanks for keeping the standings up to date and getting fish entered so quickly. Go North!
> > > >